Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brkfstatiffs Posts: 263, Reputation: 21

Mar 26, 2007, 10:41 AM
    My ex wants me back
    My ex and I broke up a few months ago. We lived together for over a year and things got messy at the end as another girl came involved (even though we weren't together at the time) regardless, I was still hurt. We really wanted to make a friendship last out of it, but I just couldn't stand the thought of remaining friendly with him while this same girl was semi in the picture (she lived in another state), time has passed, and now we have started to hang again, she is out of the picture, and he realized how unhappy I was knowing he was hanging with her and basically gave her the boot. At first it felt great because I thought I can now really try to build a friendship with him and that's all I wanted, he likewise. The couple times we have hung out since he has brought it to a romantic level, it's easy to go there with it, but I'm trying not to let my emotions give into fast, for fear of getting hurt. Should I let go of theat fear? A part of me wants to explore other men, a part of me wants to give this another try... things are different now we don't live together, we're in different places then we were etc. We really have a lot of love for each other, I think being with someone else he realized what he had. Right now I've been kind of going with the flow of things, but unsure of what to do, and I feel like I need to figure it out before I let my emotions get wrapped up into it. I know a lot of people will say it don't go back to him, but I guess I am the type who believes in second chances and that sometimes it takes a life leason to learn what you really want. Has anyone has a similar experience? Suggestions?
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Ill tell you what, sounds like it could really work here. However what you need to do now, is go real slow.

Keep it short and sweet with your meetings and go on fun and exciting dates - do not fall into a rut!

Be spontaneous, fun and mysterious and above all have a real busy life which does not involve him, perhaps even other dates (he doesn't have to know) - if things falter it will be a lesser blow on you.

Remember slow and steady wins the race :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Messed Up 4 Life [ 53 Answers ]

I Was Engaged To Be Married 2 Yrs. Ago. I Was With Him For 4 Yrs. We Met New Year's Day 2000, Got Together May 1, 2000, Broke Up For The First Time New Year's Day 2003,but Then We Got Engaged May 1, 2003. I Set Our Wedding Date For New Year's Day 2004. I Had The Day, Place, Dress, Rings,...

Shoot! I think I messed up [ 6 Answers ]

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb...

Messed up now what? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi I'm new to this so if I make any mistakes please let me know. Basically I have been on and off with the same girl for the last 3-4 years. We have always liked each other and in that time pretty much haven't dated or seen anyone else. I say pretty much because at times when we were not together...

Messed up hair! [ 2 Answers ]

Today I highlighted my hair at home using herbal esseance blonde hightlights. My hair has never been hightlighted before but it's a light brown blonde or honey color. I didn't leave it in long about only 15 min. when my mom who also used the same color came out of the shower after washing it out...

Messed up my registry. [ 7 Answers ]

Few months back I did something I got from a website that supposedly would let me print a directory list. Well, I don't like the format that it prints, and it would not let me SAVE the list (which was really my goal). Worse yet, I now have to right click > Open all folders on my computer. When...

View more questions Search