Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PendoLeMellon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2011, 09:17 AM
    Old dragon movie, what is the name?
    We had this movie when I was a little kid, in the late 80's. I think it had a dragon and a sword and the cover, and was filmed in black and white.

It begins with a witch brewing something which makes a lot of strange noises, then switches to a garden (and a woman?), and then to some knights in a castle. The knights go on a trip and fight a large monkey creature which throws logs at them. They meet witches or vampires who has transformed themselves into beautiful women to seduce them. They wander through a swamp, where the main character is saved by his magical sword pulling him up. They come to some caves where they see some men with strange skin who are suffering and calling for help, and one of them end up being trapped with them (I think).

At the end they arrive at a castle, where a woman is running around, trying to escape. She is scared by some strange, horrible statues, runs up some stairs and is captured. She is tied up in front of a dragon to be sacrificed, and then the hero comes and kills it with the magical sword.

What is this movie called?
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

May 3, 2011, 03:17 PM

Sounds like,.

The Magic Sword (62)
    PendoLeMellon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2011, 06:30 AM
    Comment on straydog's post
    That's the one. So it was in color after all. Thank you very much : ). I did not find it when I searched imdb by myself.
    I see that imdb has a link to a site that streams the whole movie, and it's funny how I recognize so many details, even the tone of voice they are speaking in : ).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find the name of a movie I saw once about dragon [ 0 Answers ]

Ok, so when I was little, my dad showed me this movie about a group of adventures in a fantasy land. Bascially, this group of bad guys had discovered this dragon skeleton and they knew that if they could gather the last few bones, the dragon would come back to life. The group of adventures...

Old Dragon Movie [ 2 Answers ]

I don't remember much that happened in the movie. But I can always remember one part where the dragon was in some cave and he was wrapping a clock or something in wrapping paper like it was a present for someone. It's not "The Railway Dragon," but it might be the sequel, "The Birthday Dragon." But...

Cartoon Dragon movie [ 3 Answers ]

When I was little I remember a dragon movie that my mom taped on a blank tape, I don't remember the name of it but I do remember what happened in the movie, it was about a girl that lived on a farm and she had a friend called dragon (who was a dragon) and I remember her sitting on a fence and...

Dragon Movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hi There was a movie in the 80's (I think) about dragons. It was a cartoon. All I remember is the dragons could talk to each other and one bit where there was a whistling or screaching noise that drove them crazy. Its been bugging me as to what this film is called for some time now. I loved it...

Best Dragon Ball Z movie [ 1 Answers ]

Which Dragon Ball Z movies are worth watching out of the fourteen that exist?

View more questions Search