Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RACERSTREESDRAG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Kick back on a intec briggs engine
    I have a briggs and stratton intec 206 horizontal engine . The model # is 121432 . The engine is on my wood splitter it would always start very good on one or two pulls. Now when u try to start it it kicks back and ripps the cord out of your fingers or will haul your shoulder out of joint any advice on what I should do it hurts like hell
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 2, 2011, 04:54 PM

Check and make sure you don't have a sheared flywheel woodruff key. When I've had those symptoms in the past that has been the case. It allows the flywheel to rotate a bit on the crank screwing up timing... and it can do this, have low power or not even start at all depending on how far it moved.
    RACERSTREESDRAG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2011, 07:19 AM
    I checked the fly wheel key and it was fine but I replaced it any way. I also readjusted the valves and it still does the same thing it will still kick back and rip the cord out of your hand. I also drained some oil out because it was a little over full from some one over filling it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 3, 2011, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    RACERSTREESDRAG does not find this helpful : BECAUSE THE FLYWHEEL KEY IS NEW AND OK
    Boy are YOU ever rude... EXACTLY WHERE in the original post did you state that. RIGHT... you didn't... so your excuse is exactly WHAT for that comment?

Quote Originally Posted by RACERSTREESDRAG;
    Kick back on a intec briggs engine
    I have a briggs and stratton intec 206 horizontal engine . The modle # is 121432 . The engine is on my wood splitter it would always start very good on one or two pulls. Now when u try to start it it kicks back and ripps the cord out of your fingers or will haul your shoulder out of joint any advice on what i should do it hurts like hell
    Tell you what... figure it out yourself then.

Since you obviously don't bother reading the rules... before you got rude... here they are...

Using the Comments Feature - Official Guidelines
    The Comments feature has undergone changes under the new "skin" (This site has different Interfaces, called skins, which changes the way members see the site and some features are different). So I'm revising theses guidelines accordingly (10/10/10). I propose the following guidelines for using the Comments feature.

First, comments and ratings have been separated in the new skin. Ratings are governed by Thumbs Up/ Thumbs Down icons next to an "is this helpful" question, marked Yes and No in the new skin. Older skins will see a Comments on this Post box with Agree/Disagree radio buttons. Most of what follows applies primarily to those.

Positive comments should be given under the following circumstances:
    1) From the asker as a thank you
    2) From other members to ratify the factual correctness of an answer
    3) From other members to agree with the opinions expressed

Negative comments should be given under the following circumstances:
    1) From another member when an answer is FACTUALLY wrong
    2) From the asker if the advice turned out to be incorrect

Negative comments should NOT be given when:
    1) there is a difference of opinion not of fact
    2) when a response has been added to the thread disagreeing with the opinion
    3) when a responder asks for clarification or more information (note: often questions do not contain enough info to answer so clarification is asked for--Answers should not be rated until the course of the assistance is complete)

These are the guidelines I follow when I use the comments feature. Opinions anyone?

The new skin also has the ability to simply add a comment to a post without a rating. These comments should NOT be used to provide or ask for followup information. This is because a) the space provided for comments is limited and b) the comments are not time stamped. The original poster (OP) should use the comments for thanks yous or the like. Other posters should use the comments for a quick comment on the quality of the advice. Otherwise the Answer options should be used to provide additional information or ask a followup question.

Scott<>

And incidentally... turn the caps lock key off... its also rude to shout. I.E. type in all caps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs and Stratton 15.5 intec cuts out [ 7 Answers ]

The engine on my Murray Sentinal ride on mower cuts out at random times.Sometimes it will go through 3 lawn mows with no problems and the next time it will cut out half way through as if the key was turned off.Some times it will restart and other times it won't. I pulled apart one of the wire...

2006 briggs & stratton 18.5 engine can only move engine 1/4 turn & it stops [ 4 Answers ]

2006 craftsman briggs & stratton 18.5 engine ran fine , I shut off for 10 min coould not get it started again. Starter is good, oil level is good. Took cover off top of engine can only move engine 1/4 turn & it stops like it is jamed on something. The machine has very few hours of use & was always...

Engine switch V twin briggs for Briggs intek ohc [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to exchange a 19 hp V Twin into a Craftsman lt 2000 mower. It was originally equipped with a 22 hp Intek V OHC. I am wondering how different the wiring is going to be. Also is this possible? The 19 HP twin is Model 42A777 Type 1236 01. The Intek is Model 407777 Type 0174 E1 Thank...

Starter kick back on Briggs lawnmower [ 2 Answers ]

When I pull the starter occasionally it will jerk the rope back sharply. What causes this jerk back? Is it a compression problem or a rope problem?

Kick back briggs and stratton 12.5 hp [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Huskee log splitter with a 12.5 Briggs and Stratton engine that kicks back so violently that it broke my hand. I took it to two B and S dealers and they could not find anything wrong with it, but it still kicks back. I decided to change from a pull start to an electric start. I replaced...

View more questions Search