Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Woeisme15 Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

May 2, 2011, 08:44 AM
    I'm Really shy and quiet and I have bad anxiety.. and I'm 15
    I'm going to try to explain this the best I can if I don't make any sense I'm sorry, I don't know if its because I got teased picked on and made fun of when I was a kid "still do" but I'm really antisocial its very hard for me to talk to someone its like I think in the back of my mind that there going to judge me and make fun of me if I talk to them so I hold back, a lot of people talk to me don't get me wrong but I'm still super quiet its like there's no breaking the ice specialy when my sisters are there with me... I don't know its like there so loud obnoxious and talking and laughing that I barley get 1 word in this been going on since as long as I can remember,and its not just my sisters its my cousins and friends block me out when I talk to! Its like I try to get 1 word in and they cut me off as if they don't want to hear what I have to say? So that just makes me more quiet? I don't know.. I try to be social and talk but I'm so awkward and I never find something to bring up to talk about?. oh and here's another thing.. if its just me and you talking I'm not shy but if there's more then 2 people I'm really quiet WHY IS THAT? I try to control it sometimes but it always wins and gets the best of me *** :( oh and my VERY BAD Anxiety make it harder for me to be myself sometimes.. I start shaking and I feel this I don't know its hard to explain a weird feeling almost like a depressing feeling? Its this feeling like I shouldn't even bother to talk cause no ones going to listen anyway and I make my own self feel bad there's always this thought nagging at the back of my brain making me feel like I can't enjoy anything unless I solve this problem, but I don't even know what the problem is! Only people who have suffered from anxiety will know what Im talking about. I really want to be happy and positive but there is just something in my mind holding me back, its like a parasite! I can't get rid of it. Im always worrying about what people might think of me and my shyness I just have this weird feeling all the time, Its kind of like depression I guess, Its kind of like Im just waiting for something bad to happen to me, I feel like by worrying about it, it will keep it from happening. I don't know how to explain the feeling of anxiety, its like a feeling of hopelessness. I hate it because I see all these happy free spirited people around me enjoying life and I just can't do it, the stupid worries won't leave my brain no matter what I do. I get the worst anxiety at night time, when Im in my room getting ready for bed, like right now.. .

K I hope I made that clear enough? If you don't understand I'm pretty much asking you help for my antisocialness and my bad anxiety lol thank yous for taken the time out of your day to read this and thank you for commenting GOD BLESS YOU!! Ps if your wondering I'm 15 and my anxiety and shyness got worster cause I like a guy..
    Goldenwolf Posts: 157, Reputation: 9

May 5, 2011, 09:00 PM
    I totally get what you are trying to say.
    I've been very antisocial throughout my life, and even felt like out of place in conversations when I don't know how or what to talk about. Usually other people do the talking in "conversations".

When it comes to anxiety, I also get that a lot. Almost as you described it.

But... what you should do is just calm down, ask people about music, telly shows, films and such; these are great ways to break the ice, since it's easy to find things in common with those topics.

And about the guy you like, just try to be yourself. When you least expect it, things come naturally in conversations.
    You shouldn't really care about what other people might say about you, most of the time it will just be your imagination.

I really hope I could help, although I feel I'm not really helping.

May 6, 2011, 06:16 AM
    Comment on Goldenwolf's post
    I Never thought of it like that Thank you so much lol I'm 100% myself with the guy I like but like when I'm not I seen that my anxiety and shyness around people got worst I have no idea how?. well anyway thank you =]
    SuziRider Posts: 9, Reputation: 6

May 8, 2011, 02:07 AM
    You may have mild ADD or depression, and the best way out is to get involved in a sport that has you do a lot of running, swimming, bicycling, or anything that will wear out your body and get it to settle down. Then you will also sleep better and not wake up feeling tired and spacey.

If you are in a Club, then you'll make new friends with similar interests. Once you build up a little self-confidence, being social will become easier. Don't worry about what other people think. Most teens are too busy thinking about themselves at your age. If you are always polite and considerate of others, and don't gossip behind their back, other teens will always think good things about you.
    I was always really quiet until I had an Irish-Italian b/f who thought that something was wrong when I was quiet, and he'd pester me and pester me until I told him what was wrong. Usually nothing was wrong, I just felt like being quiet. So I often had to make 'wrong' things up to get him to shuttup and leave me alone! LOL
    Being quiet, I gravitated towards guys who were outgoing and social. I found out the hard way it was usually alcohol and the need to network to obtain drugs that made them that way. I steer 100% clear of the party scene now.

Best way to break the ice and meet people is to give them a sincere compliment, even if it is about their camo backpack, or unusual jacket. Another way is to ask for their help. Ask the girl who dresses great if she has any good hand-me downs or if she wants to go shopping with you for a new outfit, since you'd appreciate her feedback -since she has such a great sense of style. It'd be hard for her to say no!
    Another thing is to admit to someone who is really outgoing that you feel super-shy and wonder how she got to be so outgoing and confident. Chances are she sees herself as being shy, too, but everyone likes a compliment and talking about what is going on in their head, and maybe you'll learn a few tips. If you are lucky, you'll make a new friend.
    Both of these examples are one-on-one interactions, so you could do them and do just fine. The trick is just catching the people when they are away from their friends and not in a rush to get somewhere. One way to do that is to tell someone at the end of school "Hey, I am going to go get a Smoothie. Want to go with me?" Who knows, they might actually take you up on it!
    When you get a little older, substitute 'Coffee'. How else do you think Starbucks got so big? It was mostly from all the people trying to make or develop friendships. Otherwise the person would be brewing a cup for 50 cents at home if coffee was all they really wanted.

Jun 2, 2011, 08:33 AM
    Comment on SuziRider's post
    Wow thank you so much for your Help and understanding what I was trying to say I'm going to try that soon as I get the chance =D
    JimmyTwoShoes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 03:10 PM
    Wow. I feel like we could be related or something because this is EXACTLY how I feel. I was worried that no one else was like this and felt weird but knowing that other people like you have the same problem makes me feel a bit better so thank you for the reassurance. I can't really offer you any help except that now you know YOU'RE not the only one who feels this way. I do not feel comfortable around people my own age who are loud and noisy. I got bullied since a young age for my looks so I guess that could be a reason. I've also had problems with travelling to different places since I had a panic attack on a coach whilst on a primary school trip. I am overall a very shy and anxious person. Being this shy has left me with no friends so I was alone for a long time. It was scary and inhuman, I felt. I spent all my time in the library because I was scared of being around teenagers. Finally just now that I have turned 15, I broke down and started crying in a lesson. I always feel like I am attention seeking but who can blame me. I have been alone for a long time and have no friends. A kind hearted girl came to my rescue and took me into her group of friends. I am very thankful of this but still wonder if they are really my friends or are just being my friends out of pity. I am always worrying that I have nothing of value to contribute to the group and that because of this they will leave me alone again and I will have lived out my teenage years alone. If they have never seen the real me then how will I know they will stay if I change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too shy? Bad performance? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I recently performed (singing) "when i had you" at my school in front of SOOO many people and I was so nervous! I did OK, I mean I won a cash prize but I think my low-confidence in my voice and nervousness had a bad effect on my performance. Does anyone know how to get over public shyness?? I...

Extremely bad anxiety, anyone know how to fix it. [ 7 Answers ]

I have really bad anxiety and right now I am in the middle of my second - third panic attack today. I normally don't have more than one day, and they normally don't last this long. I'm not sure what to do, right now it is not as bad as it was about 10 minutes ago, if I was I couldn't type this but...

Is being shy and queit a bad thing, boys? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm real shy and nervous around boys , I can't help it :(. Is that a bad thing?

Is being shy and queit a bad thing ladies? [ 11 Answers ]

So is being shy or quiet in general a bad thing or a good thing a wondering,I'm the quiet type so what's the deal

Quiet Titles, Mechanic's liens, bad contractor. [ 1 Answers ]

Background info - We built our house in the summer/fall of 2005. We moved in on November 4th of that year. Our builder, who we now know to be a con artist, went over by $40,000 but we only had a verbal contract with him and it was a cost-plus loan. His father in law was the lender for the...

View more questions Search