Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kausikporel Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2004, 01:09 AM
    html
    hi,
    I want to create web pages which should independent of screen resolution, i.e. I develop the page in the screen size 800x600 but when I viewing it in the screen resolution 1024 x 764 then positioning of the page and component on it changes i.e layout changes. How can I prenevt this. Please help me.
    kausik
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Apr 26, 2004, 04:00 PM
    Html
    You can use tables with HTML which should help with the alignment and layout of the page. I heard DIV's (another type of HTML) are supposed to bery very good with this type of situation but they are complicated. If you feel up to the challenge you could learn CSS which might help a little with layout also. You can learn a lot from www.w3schools.com
    cechise Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2004, 03:23 AM
    Re: html
    The thing is to position your stuff relativley so that it all hangs together.

Try putting all your content in a div-tag. Then place the div tag inside a table wich is 100% wide and has one cell. Depending on how you set the alingment in the cell the contens will all move to the right, left, or center.

This is not very complexed but the basic principle is very useful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help with HTML. [ 6 Answers ]

okay. So I have my webpage at index.htm and I start building the structure. <html><head><title>my homepage of ittle</title></head> <body> <center><b><u><h1><font color=red> WELCOME! <br size=5 color=pink> now I have a matrix animation using javascript. Then I have a button that says home so...

Css vs. Html [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I thought there was a thread onthis but I couldn't find it. I wanted to know when I should use CSS and when I should use HTML? I noticed websites that are using CSS are still using HTML, psecifically tables, to do some of there layout. I thought that was a no, no since CSS came out. I am...

Html help ! [ 5 Answers ]

?? I have a website for my in laws villa in Florida which I will shortly be updating, I have seen whilst browsing the net another site: - www.users.waitrose.com/~elainenicol When you click on 'the cottage' you are presented with a floor plan, by clicking on the room you then move to the...

HTML question [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I would like my website to display the date automatically (without me having to update the page each day) , can anyone let me have HTML to do this ? I can understand that putting the time on the page could be more complicated allowing for time zones but hopefully the date is a bit...

Html [ 1 Answers ]

Howdy I have some files, all of which are .jpg I have FTP them to an AOL web server. Questions: What extension do they now have? If not HTML, how do they get to be HTML which is What I am wanting? And, yes, I am new at this.

View more questions Search