Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Unrequitedlove Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

May 2, 2011, 05:43 AM
    I like my friend but she doesn't want a relationship.
    Threads were merged and edited

I have been hanging out with this girl for a few months and we seem to hit it off. She tells me I'm awesome and fun. She's always playfully hitting or tickling me and usually is very huggy with me.

I have heard from friends that she doesn't want a relationship with anyone and I think ( but I'm not sure) she just doesn't want to be hurt again. I know she had a boyfriend about a year ago but I don't know if he hurt her. Should I find out from her or her friends what happened between them or if there's any other reason she doesn't want a relationship. Will she come around (she acts like she really likes me) or should I move on? I have never met a girl that took up every second of my thoughts.

FYI she hasn't told me she doesn't want a relationship it's just what I've heard from her friends and we have only hung out as friends.
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

May 2, 2011, 05:50 AM
    Well if SHE hasent told you anything about relationship, then you don't know what she want's.

If you like her, you ask her what you want to know.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 2, 2011, 05:58 AM

Why not ask her out and see what she says? Don't ask about the past. If she shares it with you great, but asking her to go out as a couple is a yes or no question. It isn't a declaration of intentions.

Try an actual date before you start thinking about a romantic relationship. You might find that being friends is better than trying to be partners.
    confussed_man Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

May 2, 2011, 09:44 AM
    I'd say just tell her you like her, and see what she does. If she wants a relationship great if not, you tried. If she does like you she'll stop flirting with the other guys. But I think she's just being friendly or like flirting as she's flirting with other guys.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

May 2, 2011, 10:36 AM

She's the only one who can tell you how she feels.

How old are you?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 2, 2011, 11:51 AM

Ask her out and see! That's the only way to get the facts, and not presume, or assume, or get carried away by a friendly flirty female.

If she says yes, have fun, if she says no, be friendly. You said she is this way with all the guys so take a chance and find out things for yourself. Best to keep everyone else OUT of your business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is my relationship status?ex girlfriend ? Girlfriend ? Or friend? [ 6 Answers ]

Okayy, the problem is... I was with him from July 2010 till oct 2010.. then he decided to end our relationship for unclear reasons.. (he hides something but I still don't know what).and he instantly got a new girlfriend for a week! After the break,I said we're done and warns to stop contacting...

Is my best friend in a controlling relationship? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm not even sure where to begin... My best friend and I have been through hell and back with each other, both having been through mentally controlling and physically abusive relationships. Her relationship lasted almost a year, mine lasted two. When the relationships ended, especially mine, we...

About a friend/relationship? [ 5 Answers ]

I have know a girl for 10 years. We first met because she was dating a friend of mine. When we first met she started to casually flirt with me. For example she would demand a hug or kiss me. I always thought she was interested in me. Flash forward to years later we have gotten closer and eventually...

Friend in A Bad Relationship [ 2 Answers ]

Wow this is going to be long... I need some advice. I myself am in a relationship and I have been for the past 6 years. This isn't a question about my relationship it is about my boyfriend's brother (we will call him Al) and his relationship. Well I met his girlfriend (we will call her Gwen) and we...

View more questions Search