Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Juantonja Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 05:41 AM
    Describe the characteristics of an ecosystem?
    I live in Georgia, does it compare with the ecosystem in the Mississippi Delta?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 2, 2011, 06:09 AM
    Actually there is a big difference between most of Georgia and the Mississippi Delta.

Read this first: Expectations for the Homework Help board
    Do not simply retype or paste a question from your book or study material

We won't do your homework questions for you.
    You were given the assignment for you to learn.

If you come up with your own answer and post it for us to critique that is within reason.

If you have some SPECIFIC questions that you couldn't find or didn't understand, we may help with that.
    But this is your assignment, so show us you have at least attempted to complete it on your own.

Thank you.
    Juantonja Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 06:49 AM
    Comment on smoothy's post
    No that was not a homework question. I am trying to understand the difference between the two.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 2, 2011, 08:16 AM

I would first look at geography of the two areas. Both are fairly flat... but the Delta region is much lower and sediment built up from being a flood plain at the terminus of the Mississippi river. Georgia on the other hand isn't. Except for the swampy southern part. Both are fairly hot... and humid, only parts of Georgia isn't quite as humid.

That's going to have a huge factor in the Flora and Fauna your are going find, and those are integral parts of any ecosystem.

I'm not terribly familiar with that part of the country... but I have been through it, and have spent enough time in the woods in several countries to say that can give you a good head start for what you are looking for specifically.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the characteristics of ecosystem [ 1 Answers ]

What are the characteristics of ecosystem

Boundaries of an ecosystem [ 0 Answers ]

I have to describe the boundaries of an ecosystem of my choice. I am from New Mexico but there is a park in the city I live that has a duck pond. There are water fountains in the pond which is lined with concrete. The park itself also includes playground areas with swing sets and other things of...

Characteristics and boundaries of an ecosystem [ 1 Answers ]

How would you describe the characteristics and boundaries of the ecosystem in which you live? In what respects is your ecosystem an open one?

Describe the characteristics and the cost of various debt and equity instruments [ 1 Answers ]

Please help with describing the characteristics and the cost of various debt and equity instruments.

View more questions Search