Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laserbeam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 05:01 AM
    Battery voltage on honda 3810 lawn tractor won't stablize
    Charged battery to 14 volts, when I turn the lights on they are very dim for about 15 sec's then they become bright When I turn the key to the on position I sometimes hear the fuel pump running sometimes it doesn't or is very slow (clicking noise). As soon as I try to start it everything dies and the battery voltage goes down to 7 volts. If I wait 5min or less the battery voltage comes back up to 14?? Could this be the Regulator Rectifier?? How do I check it.
    laserbeam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2011, 11:39 PM
    I have found the problem myself. Turns out the battery had a short in it. When cold or hot it can open or close a gap/crack and cause an open circuit. I replaced the battery and no more problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recharging lawn tractor battery [ 3 Answers ]

My John Deere battery for my lawn tractor -- LT 133 -- is (almost) dead. Can I jump start it by using battery cables hooked up to my Ford van, or is the van battery too powerful for the Deere? I don't want to fry either or both.

Lawn Tractor Battery Keeps Dying [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Scott's lawn tractor. The batter is a year old. I replaced it because of this recurring problem. I have to charge it about every time I use the tractor. Once the battery is charged the tractor starts fine. There is water in the battery. Is there something like an alternator in a...

Charging Lawn Tractor battery [ 1 Answers ]

How do I charge my lawn tractor battery with my car?

Weedeater lawn tractor voltage of the battery [ 1 Answers ]

What is the voltage of weedeater lawn tractor battery; I need to charge it and cannot find this information. Please help

MTD Lawn Tractor - Battery not charging [ 1 Answers ]

Replaced with new battery, tractor started right up. Next time I tried to start battery is dead. Able to jump start via jumper cables ….is there an alternator on this thing to charge battery why’ll in use? (I’ve cleaned all cables). Thanks for your help

View more questions Search