Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JellyBean123 Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 04:03 AM
    Pets, My rats hate bath time!
    I would like some advise on how to encourage my rats to enjoy bath time for they sqeeq endlesley when I do so.

Thanks for reading :0)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 2, 2011, 04:52 AM
    Not many animals appreciate baths.
    I'd say your only hope is treats - before, during, and after.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 2, 2011, 06:39 AM

Some rats love baths, others hate it.

Mine can't stand them. I put only about half an inch of water in the sink and they jump straight back out.

Why are you wanting to bathe them? Do they smell or are dirty?
    Rats usually do a pretty good job of keeping themselves clean, but often they can get a bit stinky from marking their own beds.
    My suggestion would be to just change their bedding more often or what I did with mine was put a thin layer of kitty litter underneath their regular bedding in the nest box, that way a lot of the urine will soak down into the litter.

You can try providing some water toys to get them used to being in the water. A tray full of pebbles with water is a good way. They can climb over the pebbles and get their feet wet without getting scared.
    Bobbing for peas is another fun water game. Although mine hate baths they will quite happily submerge their whole heads in a dish to retrieve peas from the bottom.

May 2, 2011, 08:13 AM
    Comment on shazamataz's post
    Thank you =0)

May 2, 2011, 08:14 AM
    Comment on shazamataz's post
    and there just smelly because they wee in there material bed hammock. =0)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath Time [ 4 Answers ]

My puppy daisy needs a bath. It would be her first. She is 2 months old and still needs one more puppy booster and her rabies. I can't remember when I gave the other one, Roscoe, His 1st bath. Does it matter when I do? :confused:

Best Bath time for baby [ 3 Answers ]

When is the best time to bath baby to get her into a good routine. And what is best time, to feed baby dinner.. before bath time or after? Could you please give me a good guidline of when and how feeding should take place. Kind Regards Carike

I hate and love it all at the same time. [ 11 Answers ]

My story is this: I met my boyfriend when I was in the 8th grade and he was in 9th. I hated him at first but he grew on me and we started dating... now here we are I'm 19 years old and he is 20 both graduated and I just finished up my 1st semester of college. Well here is my problem I love him so...

Dumped (hate that word) and confused - is it time he needs? [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 3 years broke up with me a week ago. Our relationship was a very happy one, with the exception of a long standing problem with his ex. Basically, I couldn't let go of little things from his past (she was the love of his life before me) and I let my insecurities cause argument after...

View more questions Search