Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pgomez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Type of art medium used
    I have a piece of art that I acquired and need help in trying to ID it. It is done by the artist Michel Delacrouix titled PLACE DE FURTSENBERG, It is done on what appears to be watercolor paper I know it is not a watercolor because the way other watercolors I have look. But yet it kind of looks like a watercolor any Idea what I have
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Jan 25, 2007, 12:52 PM
    It's called a serigraph. Serigraphy is a fine art, color stencil printmaking process in which special paint is forced through a fine screen onto the paper beneath. Areas which do not print are blocked in each of the stencil screens. A sheet of high quality, archival paper is first inserted under the screen and special paint poured along the edge of the frame. A squeegee is then pulled from back to front, producing a direct transfer of the image from screen to paper. A separate stencil is required for each color in each serigraph.

Hope this helps you.
    pgomez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 01:22 PM
    What is the difference between a serigraph and a lithograph?
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Jan 25, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Is this a test? LOL, kidding...

A lithograph was developed from etching sheets of stone and printing from the stone plates, kind of like a wood block print.

A serigraph is a silkscreen print where the color oozes through a cloth mesh onto the print.

Hope that helps clarify it a bit for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medium Reddish Brown to Light Brown [ 3 Answers ]

I had been coloring my hair a medium copper brown for about a year. The last time I colored 3 months ago I used medium gold brown. My hair is less red, but still has red undertones. I would like to go to a light golden brown. Is there anyway I can do this without ending up looking like Bozo? Am...

Medium or Ghost Whisperer? [ 6 Answers ]

Which show is your favorite? My friend and I are having an argument about it. She likes Medium, I like both, but Ghost Whisperer is much better IMO. :D

Is there a medium or reader in the house? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi just did a Google and found this site! Feel like I have been led her somehow. Its totally cool if nobody answers as I don't know if this is OK... but I have just broken up with my boyfriend after 3 yrs, he's telling me I'm making a big mistake. Kind a scared now that I could be. I have been...

How do I get red of medium auburn hair color [ 1 Answers ]

hey, My real hair color is medium brown.Well i thought i'd change it up a bit .so i went to the hairdresser lady and asked folightbrown hair with dark blnde highlights.:) it turned out pretty on the bottom tips of my hair but on my roots and top of my hair it wus giving of a medum/light auburn...

Art [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, But I miss typed the initials on my question. It should have been SZL. My etching are done by artist "Charlot". There is one "T" in Charlot. I have two, titles are ON THE HILL and IN AVEYRON, FRANCE. They are house scene. Appreciate any help on value and any other information. ...

View more questions Search