Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariahmaya2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2011, 07:49 PM
    Does any one know how to wire an Armstrong Concept 1000 2 Ton
    I installed a fan motor for my condenser unit. I forgot to tape the wires and I forgot which wires go where. Initially, I got the fan to run but it ran all night and my compressor was covered with ice. I disconnect the wires and I allowed the compressor to unthaw. I am trying to get the system to run again. I have three wires, brown, purple and black. The schematic on my condenser door identifies T1 for the black and T2 for the purple. Do I need to hook any wires up to the new capacitor??
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2011, 08:14 AM

Does this unit have 1 dual-cell capacitor, or 2 single-cell capacitors? If 2, typically the brown wire goes to one side of the capacitor, and a jumper lead goes from the same line as the purple lead to the other side of the capacitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with wire required for 3 ton units for my home heating. [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with wire required for 3 ton units for my home heating. I am not sure if the units will be: all electric, fuel/electric or just what they may be when I can finally afford them to be installed, but the rest of my house is being held up by the wire required to operate the units. I have...

How to calculate wire rope size on the basis of load in ton [ 2 Answers ]

How to calculate wire rope diameter on the basis basis of metric ton

How to wire a goodman 3 ton 13 seer to a rth3100c [ 4 Answers ]

my wires are BLUE-x,YELLOW-y1,RED-r,GREEN-g,ORANGE-o,WHITE-w1,BROWN-w2, where to wire these wires to a RTH3100c

Wire connections from t-stat (white rodgers) to rheem heatpump 2-ton [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a rheem 2 ton heat pump. I bought a white rodgers t-stat to run the heat pump. On the t-stat there are as follows top row of wire connectors c- common, l-? w-2-2nd stage heat, e-emergency heat, 2nd row r- 24volt hot, g-fan, o/b-reversing valve? Then y-cooling. This is a package...

View more questions Search