Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WMorg555 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2011, 07:16 PM
    Bamboo flooring
    Is bamboo flooring a reasonable, practical option for a basement remodel?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 2, 2011, 07:16 PM

Not for most basements. Moisture and humidity are a problem with many basements. I would not consider any wood flooring until I had tested for ground moisture and humidity control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate flooring transition to raised vinyl flooring [ 4 Answers ]

Installer put new 1/4' subfloor in bathroom last year when installing new Tarkett (vinyl) flooring, with a metal strip transition to existing hall carpet. Now we are installing 12mm laminate in hall, which with underlay, is approximately the same height. However, when the metal strip was removed,...

Bamboo flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I am interested in getting a bamboo floor put in. I want it to be darker than usual and I understand that the bamboo has to be heated to get the color. I also understand that the darked the color, the softer the bamboo is? I want to know how soft this flooring is going to be HONESTLY. Is it...

Laying engineered Bamboo Flooring. [ 4 Answers ]

We had some cermic tiles lift after the earthquake last October and we are now planning to take up the rest of the tiles and replace them with an engineered Bamboo Flooring. What do we need to do to get the floor ready for the wood? Do we have to get all the mastic up and if we do what can we...

Bamboo Hardwood Flooring [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone who has any experience with bamboo hardwood flooring have any opinions they wish to share with someone considering using bamboo? I've got an inexpensive raised ranch which I can't justify flooring in a hardwood for $4+ per sq ft. But bamboo at about $2 sq ft is in the range of...

Bamboo Intrusion [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know a sure way to kill bamboo? My neighbor planted bamboo in his back yard and now the roots have come under the fence and threaten to eat up my yard. How about drilling a hole in the stumps and filling it with Round-Up? Any suggestions? Thanks, speedball1

View more questions Search