Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Furnace problem
    Furnace operates fine except during cycle it will shut down then come back on to complete cycle. Could this be the blower relay or something else?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2007, 11:33 AM
    As I often suggest, I would start by jumpering the R and W terminals at the furnace. If the furnace comes on and stays on until you disconnect it, the blower relay and the rest of the furnace is fine.

It may be the exception to my usual suggestion to leave the heat anticipator setting in the thermostat alone.
    enochmar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2012, 09:32 AM
    My furnace come on and when it cut of it comes on three times and stay off for a hour and come on to the temperto that it is set.gose back off comes on three time and do the same clcy again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant furnace problem [ 20 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a 5 y/o 80% eff bryant furnace. The problem I have is that my furnace Doesn't always kick on even when thew thermostat shows the temp under the Temp set. I will sometimes have to go down and turn of the blower switch on the furnace wait a couple seconds and then turn it on again....

Carrier furnace problem [ 5 Answers ]

My carrier furnace would only come on if I shut down the main power then turned it back on. Then after it got up to the proper temperature it would shut off but not come back on. Now it won't come on at all. I just replaced the control board and it is doing the same thing.

I have AC, but no heat... Is the problem my furnace? [ 7 Answers ]

At first, my motor fan would cut off. After replacing the fuses, it kicked back on and I had cool AC. Later down the line, I noticed frost on the pip leading from the furnace to the motor fan. I purchased some insulating tape and called it a day. It seemed to keep it from freezing. Now, I tried...

Furnace Operating Problem [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace is 5 years old. Will not stay lit. The igniter lights, the gas valve open, stays on for 30 seconds and shuts down and does it over and over. Never staying operational. Please help.

Problem with my furnace blower [ 8 Answers ]

I have a problem with my furnace blower. You can hear it trying to start but it doesn't. It's a 115V motor, 1/3 hp, 6.6A. I put an amp meter on hot leading to motor and it drew 20.9Amps. What could it be? The motor is not seized because I am able to turn the pulley by hand. Could the...

View more questions Search