Ask
    unruly6835 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2011, 05:56 PM
    "f250 ford 4wd rear main seal"
    "04 F250 REAR MAIN SEAL" remove and replace
    unruly6835 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2011, 03:57 AM
    04 f250 4wd rear pinion seal re,
    04 F250 superduty 4wd need to remove and replace the rear pinion seal. Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2011, 09:26 AM
    In 1 post you say rear main and in the other rear pinion. Are we talking 2 separate jobs?? You don't tell us what engine you have. Some engines have a split main and you can access that by dropping the oil pan, pulling the reap main cap and installing the 2 piece seal. In other engines you have a 1 piece seal and you need to remove the transmission, flywheel or torque converter, possibly the bell housing. If you are talking about a rear pinion seal, drop the driveshaft, remove the yoke on the differential and replace the seal. Pinion seal is a lot easier but you will need a large socket for the pinion nut. Pinion seal must be installed the right way or it will leak.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Will ether "kill" glow-plugs on a 7.3 ford f250 2001 [ 2 Answers ]

I know that either will expload on hot glow plugs ,But will ether "kill" glow-plugs if it just Gets on them (with out them being activated ,heated) Ray [email protected]

How to "seal" carpet at doorway transition [ 4 Answers ]

Recently had wall to wall carpet installed in family room. The carpet butts against a transition strip at the doorway to the kitchen. There seems to be some loose ends / loops in the gap. I don't want to trim them for fear the next lops will do the same thing. I'm thinking I can lay a bead of...

F250 run rough, "starve", & die. [ 1 Answers ]

'05 F250 6.0, 35K. Appears to starve on fuel after 1 mile & further, smothers down w/no power, erratic miss, start & die. New filters, no apparent gunk or sludge. After overnight, runs for 2 min, then all over again till 5-6 miles & it goes completely downhill. History is old people w/5th wheel...

Screwing rear bearing "plate" onto drum of Frigidaire dryer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm working on my Frigidaire dryer and was looking for any tips/tricks to finishing my project and came across this site. I am replacing the rear bearing (it was squealing incredibly loudly, as well as I was having some tiny pieces of clothing get caught between the front of the drum...

View more questions Search