Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shablue55 Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2011, 09:54 AM
    RHEEM mid efficient furnace
    Just wondering if anybody else has the same problem with there mid efficient Rheem furnace only lighting up the burner beside the igniter instead of all three at the same time.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2011, 06:50 PM
    If your furnace only lights the first two burners, you have dirty burners not letting the flame cross over. They will need to be cleaned or you have low gas pressure. 9 out of 10 times its dirty burners.

Apr 29, 2011, 08:20 PM
    I hate to say it but the furnace was new roughly 10 years ago and lack of management on my part I have not had the furnace or the ductwork cleaned.

May 1, 2011, 09:07 AM
    Comment on T-Top's post
    Thanks for your answer T-TOP but it is only the one burner beside the igniter that lights up, would it still be dirty burners as I vacuumed the out yesterday and did not do any good, will have to get technician in.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2011, 12:49 PM

The problem may also be rust accumulation in the main burner cross-lighter slots.

May 14, 2011, 03:45 PM
    Comment on T-Top's post
    I brought my air compressor in blew all the dust out and works fine so far thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RHEEM mid efficient furnace [ 0 Answers ]

On my furnace my inducer draft motor starts up runs for 30 seconds then the ignitor lights up I hear a click the first burner lights up but not the other 2, it shuts down a few seconds later the ignitor lights up and all three burners light up, but this does not happen all the time. Would this be...

RHEEM mid efficient furnace [ 0 Answers ]

On my furnace my inducer draft motor starts up runs for 30 seconds then the ignitor lights up I hear a click the first burner lights up but not the other 2, it shuts down a few seconds later the ignitor lights up and all three burners light up, but this does not happen all the time. Would this be...

Goodmans furnace 95 % efficient [ 2 Answers ]

This unit is in my attic, the heat works but the problem is that is not hot enough, the blower start too soon and won't let the heat exchanger get hot. Somebody help me here, thank you. I change the speed in the blower to medium low still the same.

80% vs. 95% efficient furnace in attic [ 2 Answers ]

Got two different quotes to replace HVAC system for the upper level of my house. One installer recommended a 4 ton Amana AC unit and a 95% efficient Amana furnace. The second installer recommended a 3.5 ton Trane AC unit with an 80% efficient Trane furnace. The second installer said that they...

Carrier 1990 90% efficient furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a carrier furnace it starts up fine the little fan starts up the piot comes on then it goes click click and theburners ignite then the problem starts OK after the burners are lit they stay lits for 30 seconds or so and go right back out leaving the pilot lit then click click and it will...

View more questions Search