Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patiapatino Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2011, 07:09 AM
    Is it normal to feel like this way when I smoke weed?
    I smoke weed with a few of my pothead friends. When were done smokeing the first bowl, I feel giggly and laugh at everything. But nothing with my body. Then we smoke a blunt or two. That's when I start taking big hits. Then I feel like I'm going to past out, I get light headed and my ears get numb and all I see is red but I know all I have to do is sit down for like 15 minutes and it'll go away, is that me like about to pass out? Or is that the feeling of getting high? Also if I lay down my whole body like twitches. My legs, and arms. Is all this normal?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 07:10 AM

That's brain cells dying.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 07:13 AM

Hello p:

I don't know. I been smoking dope for 40 years... My ears never got red and my body never twitched... I'd quit if I was you.

excon
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    That's brain cells dying.
    Hello again, smoothy:

The category here is medical science - NOT anti pot propaganda. J_9 SHOULD know better, too. She WORKS with the science's.

excon
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 29, 2011, 07:21 AM

Chronic use of maryjane has shown persistent deficits in short-term memory loss. However...

Government experts now admit that pot doesn't kill brain cells.(8) This myth came from a handful of animal experiments in which structural changes (not actual cell death, as is often alleged) were observed in brain cells of animals exposed to high doses of pot. Many critics still cite the notorious monkey studies of Dr. Robert G. Heath, which purported to find brain damage in three monkeys that had been heavily dosed with cannabis.(9) This work was never replicated and has since been discredited by a pair of better controlled, much larger monkey studies, one by Dr. William Slikker of the National Center for Toxicological Research(10) and the other by Charles Rebert and Gordon Pryor of SRI International.(11) Neither found any evidence of physical alteration in the brains of monkeys exposed to daily doses of pot for up to a year. Human studies of heavy users in Jamaica and Costa Rica found no evidence of abnormalities in brain physiology.(12) Even though there is no evidence that pot causes permanent brain damage, users should be aware that persistent deficits in short-term memory have been noted in chronic, heavy marijuana smokers after 6 to 12 weeks of abstinence.(13) It is worth noting that other drugs, including alcohol, are known to cause brain damage.
    Found here... Marijuana Health Mythology
    Expert

Apr 29, 2011, 07:28 AM

I just thought Smoothy's comment was funny. Yeah, it's not hard to make me giggle.
    Expert

Apr 29, 2011, 07:30 AM

To the OP... Marijuana crosses the blood-brain barrier. It causes you to become paranoid, among other things. It sounds, though, like you might actually be having an allergic reaction to it. I'd lay off the pot if I were you.
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 07:37 AM

Hello again, p:

One thing my winger friends and I agree on... If you get BUSTED for smoking pot, the ramifications are much worse than taking a couple hits...

Or, maybe they won't agree. I don't know.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, smoothy:

The category here is medical science - NOT anti pot propaganda. J_9 SHOULD know better, too. She WORKS with the science's.

excon
    Its not a PRO-drug propaganda forum either. And its not your area of expertise either. I admit I'm not in the medical field (never claimed to be)... but I do have 30+ years of experience seeing what its done to others that do use it long term.
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Its not a PRO-drug propaganda forum either. And its not your area of expertise either.
    Hello again, smoothy:

Telling her my ears never turned red is NOT PRO drug propaganda. However, been using God's gift for over 40 years.. I know about the legalities of it too. I'd say that makes me an expert.

excon
    Expert

Apr 29, 2011, 07:55 AM

Umm, her ears didn't turn red, they got numb and she SEES red. My gums used to get numb when I smoked many years ago, but I never saw red.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 29, 2011, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, smoothy:

Telling her my ears never turned red is NOT PRO drug propaganda. excon
    No, but your bash at smoothy and J_9 is...

When I used to smoke, my entire body would feel numbish (tingly) but I never saw all red. As time goes on your body will plateau as it gets used to the amount you smoke. Thus, creating you to need more and more to get "that" high.

This is just an assumption so correct me if I am wrong here but it sounds like either:

A) you're the unlucky allergic one

Or

B) You're new at it and you're smoking too much in a small period.

What's wrong with stopping with that first bowl and enjoying the laughing, giggly feeling? Why MUST you continue until you're border-line fainting? It's a thing enjoyed with moderation. Just because you have a bag doesn't mean you need to smoke it all.
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ITstudent2006 View Post
    No, but your bash at smoothy and J_9 is...
    Hello again, IT:

Correcting INCORRECT information on a SCIENCE board, and doing it POLITELY, isn't bashing anybody. If you want to call that pro pot propaganda, like smoothy did - have at it.

excon
    Expert

Apr 29, 2011, 08:39 AM

Okay folks, this isn't one of the discussion forums and "bashing" each other isn't helping the OP.

Let's get back on track, shall we?
    Expert

Apr 29, 2011, 08:51 AM

I just want to add that frequently blunts are laced with other drugs such as cocaine or crack just for example. This may be why you are having adverse reactions after smoking blunts.
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    this isn't one of the discussion forums and "bashing" each other isn't helping the OP.
    Hello again, J:

Although, heated, I think the discussion DOES help the OP. At 15, she should be aware of the controversy surrounding pot. She should recognize that it's a drug, and doing ANY drug HAS consequences. I even mentioned the LEGAL ones.

Yes, I smoke. But, I'm NOT pro pot. I tell the TRUTH about it. I don't suggest people smoke it. I especially don't suggest that children smoke it. It's a SERIOUS drug. But, the way to get children to NOT smoke it, is certainly NOT to lie to them. Telling them it kills cells when it DOESN'T, in fact, has the OPPOSITE effect.

You don't have to LIE to people to tell them that drug use is SERIOUS. The truth will do just fine. If the FIRST response would have been that, I would have told her from the get go, that CHILDREN should not smoke pot.. But, I had to deal with the propaganda first. Maybe NEXT time we can START with the truth.

excon
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2011, 09:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I just want to add that frequently blunts are laced with other drugs such as cocaine or crack just for example. This may be why you are having adverse reactions after smoking blunts.
    I do not fully agree with this statement. I have smoked many a blunt and never once has there been coke or crack in it. BUT it does happen the numbness and everything she is explaining does sound like there may have been coke in it. But most hardcore drug users (crack coke etc... ) are not going to waste their drugs on someone else.
    Expert

Apr 29, 2011, 09:03 AM

You're right Exy... I missed the part where the OP was 15!
    Expert

Apr 29, 2011, 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by patiapatino View Post
    all i have to do is sit down for like 15 mins and itll go away,
    Is this where you got that she was 15?
    patiapatino Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2011, 09:07 AM
    Wait... so what I'm explaining is highness? Sometimes in kind of feels like I'm floating in the air and I can't get my balance, but I walk like a drunk person when I'm high.. is that normal or what? And I'm 17!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoke Weed Everyday [ 33 Answers ]

Im addicted to pot. I LOVE IT, I have been smoking for over 8 years. I work a full time job and go to school, I'm a functional pot smoker, I'm so high strung that when I come home, I want to relax and smoke. That's my only vice, however I spend over 500 a week on it. Exspensive habit, anyway,...

Who sings this song smoke weed [ 0 Answers ]

Who sings the song smoke weed the words are kind of hard to understand it sounds like he is mumbling when he sings

My friends want to smoke weed [ 19 Answers ]

My kindda NEW friend but I know them very good they are nice people care about outhers smoke weed a lot I am getting influnced by that but my clean friend helped me out he is cool with them because theyr nice like I said not bad people but they just smoke weed and like to get high they are smart...

I have to take a urine test but I smoke weed! [ 8 Answers ]

I just started boxing they need these tests done by doctors to see if I'm healthy enough to box I know its not a drug test but will it show up that I've smoked it? Even if that's not what there looking for?? :confused:

Trying to get pregnant but I drink and smoke weed a lot. [ 9 Answers ]

I've been trying to get pregnant for the last few months but nothing seems to be happening. I smoke weed and drink a lot could this effect my chances of getting pregnant. I've also been on the pill for about 7years, could being on the pill for a long time take me longer to get pregnant.:confused:...

View more questions Search