Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattcalling Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2011, 12:49 AM
    Honda civic 2005 starter problem?
    Key was engaging engine. It regressed to turning 3-4 times to up to 20 times before starting during which a click sound was made. In the end, you would have to put pressure on the key from different angles and turn up to 20 times before starting. Now it does not even start and it just clicks. HELP!

Contact me at [email protected]
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 04:50 AM

. Remove and fully charge the battery. Most auto parts stores will do this for free.

. Check the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post224652

. Perform the tests below, if the problem persists:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post2123675

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Honda Civic - Starter - Can you show me the location of the starter? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having starting problems with my 2001 Honda Civic EX 4DR. This is the first problem with the car and I can't find the starter. Can you help?

2005 Honda civic ex has no power [ 25 Answers ]

Car is getting absolutely no pwer whatsoever. It all started when my nephew washed the car's engine. I replaced the batter (needed a new one anyways). I have checked the main battery fuse 80 A (under hood) with a tester, both sides work just fine along with the other fuses in the car. Under...

91 honda civic dx starter? [ 2 Answers ]

My honda won't start. When I turn the key the I get a check engine light that stays on for a few seconds. I have a new battery and have power to lights and radio. I'm not sure if it's the starter because I don't hear the typical clicking sound I've heard in other cars I've had in the past with...

View more questions Search