Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigdaddyliz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2011, 07:09 PM
    Belly button piercing, infected or not?
    I got my belly button pierced a week ago and a rash started spreading all around the area. I cleaned it with alcohol and water all day but the itchiness won't go away. I really hope it isn't infected, but what do I do?
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Apr 30, 2011, 06:28 AM
    You shouldn't be using alcohol, it is an irritant to the piercing. It dries out the skin around it and that's why you have a rash. Discontinue use with alcohol, instead, use a salt water solution (hot water mixed with 1/3 of a teaspoon of sea salt) or go to a piercing shop and ask for a cleaning solution, around where I live they're usually around £2.50-£3.00. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly button piercing, infected or not? [ 23 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced about 3 weeks ago now and in the last few days it's developed a red rash ring right round my belly button just underneath my top bar. Does this mean it's infected? Any tips on clearing it up because it kind of burns lol.

Possible infected belly button piercing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I had my belly button pierced Feb. 17 and have been cleaning like I'm supposed to. Some days are sorer than others when it gets bumped or when I bend over. I noticed today that it is a little red around the area but no puss or fluids. Does this mean it is getting infected or is it just a...

Does the belly piercing necessarily need to look infected to be infected? [ 9 Answers ]

Does it? Mine doesn't hurt and people say it doesn't look infected at all. But I'm scared help

Is my belly button infected? [ 1 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced 4 months ago,and when I got it done I was told to keep it in for 30 days. I took good care of it and changed it about 4 times.there has always been like dead skin coming out of it and puss coming out of it. Lastnight I had it out for like 10 minutes to clean it and I...

Infected Belly Button Piercing? [ 2 Answers ]

I've had my belly button pierced for a month already and its still red around the top, and it oozes out a white creamy substance. Is it infected? If so what do I do?

View more questions Search