Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GeneGenie Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Jan 25, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Beware. Warning. Vonage problems & Tech Support STINKS!
    I am a very patient person - especially with newer technologies, but with Vonage I am at wits end. I got vonage for our small business and in the 16 days since I've had it installed I've spent more time on the phone with them than I have with business calls!

1. Generally:
    When you call their support # you're asked for account name, billing address, administrator name, email address, phone number & what the issue is you're calling about.

They can answer general questions ONLY. If you need tech support you get transferred to "Level 1" where they ask you those same questions all over again! They do not transfer your account info - or the problem you're having.

If Level 1 cannot resolve your issue, you get transferred to Level 2 where you have to go through it all over again.

And guess what. They have a Level 3 also :(

2. Mystery problem they've not been able to fix yet:
    Vonage kicks off my internet connection every single night. When I get to the office every day I have to completely shut down the computer, unplug my modem, wait a couple minutes, then turn everything back on.

I've done the support, level 1, level 2, level 3 thing now to the tune of about 10 hours and talking to umpteen different people.

If shutting down and restarting everyday was the worst thing that happened in my life, no problem... but I need to access this computer from another location in the evening, but can't because it's gotten kicked offline.

Today they "tried something else" to solve this issue... so we'll see how it goes. I am NOT hopeful. Clearly they are just guessing!

3. The "free dedicated fax number":
    I'm a small business, so starting 1/9 I gave our new fax number to tons of people. A couple said they tried to fax me but got no answer. Vonage sent me a "test fax" no problem, so I presumed the senders were just misdialing or something.

Today I discovered that my fax number belongs to someone else - who has had the number for 2 years!

... so Vonage's "test fax" was not a test fax at all. All they did was send something via the internet to my vonage device.

So this morning I call vonage about it, and the girl says "Well, we can reissue you a new fax number if that' what you want". NO SH..

So they reissue me a number... but it does not work. I had to call support - then be transferred to "Level 1" to get it fixed.

Before switching to Vonage, I heard nothing but good news about them... but now recall that no one I talked with had the Business plan (I've got the unlimited business plan)... so if you're considering switching to Vonage for your small business, BE WARNED.
    GeneGenie Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Jan 25, 2007, 09:45 AM
    PS. Oh, forgot:

Caller ID only registers about half the time. Half the time it's just completely blank.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 25, 2007, 09:54 AM
    I have Vonage Business. I got the Business service because I wanted a separate fax line. I had some initial installation problems which were quickly respolved with a tech support call. I've had no other problems that weren't caused by losing my broadband connection.

So I have stuck with Vonage. I am thinking of switching to my cable service, only because of the discounts I can get, but I have not been unhappy with the Vonage service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Support tech [ 2 Answers ]

When you call support tech they know everything what to do in a book or something? How does one like myself get the same book or info they do when they are talking to you over the phone? I would like to have the same informaion they have. Thank you [email protected]

My Socks Stinks a lot [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am a new bie here all the way from kathmandu, Nepal and don't know whether I'm posting it in the right topic. My problem is my socks stinks a lot and it really letting me down. It is very sameful. Please help me what I suppose to do. What is it actually and how I can get rid of it?

View more questions Search