lawrencecharles Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Apr 28, 2011, 03:33 PM
    2004 Johnson 4 stroke outboard motor
    How do you change the spark plugs?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2011, 03:37 PM

Most Unscrew, and Screw back in.
    Buy your Replacement set, This will determine which Plug Wrench you'll need.
    If you don't feel you can remove and replace, at least you will have the parts and All Mechanics, and many people can install for you.

Apr 29, 2011, 10:45 AM
    The spark plug has a cover or cap over the top of the spark plug,I don't have any idea how to take it off without causing damage. Motor is a 2004 40 hp 4 stroke Johnson.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2011, 04:03 PM

If you like this motor and are going to be working on it. I would Buy the Shop Manual, It will save Time and Money.

Apr 30, 2011, 05:31 AM
    Thank you for your help. Larry

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mercury 50hp 2-stroke outboard is overheating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Mercury 50horsepower 2-stroke outboard engine. I have replaced the thermostat and water pump. The engine quickly overheats. Some water does come out the outlet tube, but not as much as used to when it was new. I need to know what else to check to diagnose this problem. Any suggestions...

Boat outboard motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Evinrude 110 HP VRO Ser. # J1127547, Mod. # E110TLCDC with less than 20 hours on it, no corrosion, kept inside since it was put on the boat. What year model is the motor and how much is it worth?

How can you ddifferntiate between a Mercury 2-stroke and 4-stroke outboard 5 horse? [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently acquired a 5 horse mercury freshwater, outboard, transum hung engine. What Im not sure of is do I mix the gas with oil or not. Thanks

View more questions Search