Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2011, 05:31 AM
    I'll never understand people (breeding and selling)
    I know someone who owns three lab x husky dogs. Now they had a litter of pups a little while ago, of which three dogs are left unsold.. what I don't get is why people think its perfectly fine to breed their dogs (without regard to health, temperament, genetic problems, hereditary problems etc), put a pricetag of 200 on them. And not even vaccinate them. Nor have their own dogs vaccinated. Honestly this world drives me nuts *sigh*
    the least you can do is vaccinate for parvo
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2011, 07:31 AM

I agree!
    People don't understand that them breeding is making it harder for shelter dogs to find homes. It's a lot easier to walk up to a BYB and buy there pup, then go to the humane society and adopt one... but in the long run the humane society one is better, they will take it back, it comes vaccinated and spayed/neutered (or with a certificate if it is under 6 months), they will help with behaviour training, and they make sure the dog fits your life, there not going to give a lazy dog to a runner, or a hyper dog to an older couple.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2011, 08:43 AM

There's a family out here that has a pretty husky female that they allow to wonder the streets. She's pregnant a lot... :(

One of these days, that dogs going to end up missing ;)

What gets me, is the puppies being given away at Wal-Mart with mystery dads... Those are my favorite.. That usually produces the insane dog that will end up euthanized by 2 years because it was A - an impulse buy and B - given away at 4wks old.

I think the starvation bothers me more though... There are 5 horses that are slowly starving to death. They live in the richer part of town.. The house the people have is huge. New cars.. the works. But the horses are starving. I'm trying to get the vet I work for to call the sheriff on them. I guess it means more when the vet calls people in.. But he likes to turn the other way claiming that its due to the economy. Regardless, if you can't afford to keep the animal, then get rid of it. I get so irritated sometimes...
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Apr 28, 2011, 08:56 AM

Sweetie it is all due to peoples thoughts on pets. They are still considered property and as such people believe they can do what they want with said property. Until laws change and animals have more rights and are not property it won't change.
    People like that get a dog for only one thing. If I let her get pregnant then she can approximately x pups and she can have x litters a year, if I sell them for x dollars I will make this much money. It is all a business to them and nothing about the dogs health emotionally or physically or the pups. They only think about how much money they can make.
    This makes me mad that people are like that. All you can do is educate others and hope the pups go to good homes.

Aunty and Owen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why some people understand and believe and some do not believe religion? [ 52 Answers ]

Why religion is so natural to some people, truly believe it and it is non sense to some others. You could see this through all societies in the past and present and among all religions, among all educated and uneducated people, among those who grow up on religious environment and those who grow up...

Why do people have a problem with other people breeding their dogs? [ 112 Answers ]

I have read in many places that people are always asking someone else to get their dogs spayed. I have a dog and I do plan to breed her but only one time. I do talk to my vet about her care. I feel that I am resopnsile enough to care for my pet. I use sites like this to gain information about the...

I Asked Why People Have A Problem With Other People Breeding Their Dogs? [ 31 Answers ]

I want to know how many of the people that answered the question Are Responible breeders that only breed dogs that meet the standards for breeding? And how many of you own a dog that did NOT come from a breeder that follows the standard? How many of you have checked on the pets that were bred by...

Why don't people understand me? [ 3 Answers ]

Sum1 here help me I don't undrstnd why don't people undrstnd me more I tell them less they understand specialy my friendz help me out m fed up sum1 here I request:mad:

View more questions Search