Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cleveland_13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Can I claim Tax credit for paying wife's tution on H4
    Hello. I am on H1-b visa since last 2 years and my wife is on h-4. My wife went to school during 2006 and I paid the tution for her. I called up the university to get a 1098T form but the university denied as she is on H-4. So my question is whether I can claim her tution fees as a deductible while filing my taxes? Can you let me know.
    Thanks.
    v_atray Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 11:24 AM
    You can claim Lifetime Learning Tax Credit for your wife's tuition fee. Check the section under Taxes for more answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Deduction/Credit for wife's tuition fee on H-4 visa. [ 10 Answers ]

I am currently working in US on H1 visa. My wife (on H-4 visa) is enrolled at a university and is pursuing graduate studies. Can I claim Lifetime Learning Credit or tuition fee deduction for the fee that I paid last year? Also, do I need form 1098-T from the university to do that? My wife...

Tax credit for paying wife's tution (who is on H4) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, - I am on H1B and my wife on H4. - I have been working in the state of Illinois from Nov 2004, so I have filled my taxes for year 2004 & 2005. - I have paid my wife's tuition for here college (M.S degree) in 2005 & I have also paid his year. (she is still on H4 visa) Would I be...

Does wife's credit affect mine? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife has $5880 in credit card debt that has been turned over to collections. Do I have to worry about the debt affecting my credit? Will a judgement affect me? How likely is it that the company will sue? Can the company go after our joint checking account? How about a joint CD? I live in...

When Paying Off Credit Card.. [ 6 Answers ]

Can I bargain when paying off credit card w/out damaging my credit? I currently hold a balance of $5000 each on two separate cards. $2000 each of which is actually purchase fees, the rest is accrued interest. Can I bargain with the cardholders to pay a lower amount without hurting my credit? Any...

F1 to H1 and Tution Credit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a NR for tax purposes (1040NR or NR EZ), so can I claim credit for tution fees that I paid in 2005? Thanks.

View more questions Search