Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MONEYGRABBER Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 06:17 PM
    I can not open my mac desktop screen
    When I turn on my computer it boots up but the screen remains black. What can I do.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Apr 28, 2011, 06:51 AM

Could you give some more info what computer model and what version of Mac OS? Do you hear fans and te drive spin up?
    MONEYGRABBER Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2011, 10:29 AM
    Comment on cmeeks's post
    Appreciate you answering! Yes i hear it boot up and when it stopped i added in my password since i realized this is what happens next. Added password and it took it and moved to next step but since i can not see screen---i am at my end of action. Upgraded about a month ago to 10.6.3 hope you can help. Sorry i type in caps because i have parkinson disease and it is easier for me in caps. Dennis
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Apr 28, 2011, 12:39 PM

Try booting from the Installer DVD shipped with the machine to do this hold down the "c" key when starting the computer with the DVD in the drive. Once inside the installer you can run disk utility to repair the disk and correct permissions. If this dose not work you can reinstall the OS. You will need a backup to restore you data
    Rafiullah Ahmad Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2011, 01:27 AM

Hi MoneyGrabber. You mentioned that the screen is black when you boot it up. When you boot up your mac, do you see the Mac Logo on bootup, and then does it go to a black screen? Sounds to me possibly an issue with the monitor connector internally or video card. Can you tell me if its black all the time from when you hit POWER to it being lit up?

- Rafi Ahmadi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I open Mac Laptop os x 4 [ 3 Answers ]

Please help!! Half way through formating my Mac Laptop had power cut, now, OS CD is stuck in cd rom and when I switch on the laptop again it just display one line saying to continue.. enter "mac-boot" when I enter and press OK... its not going forward... 1st. To remove cd from dc rom I need to...

Firefox will not open in mac os x [ 2 Answers ]

Firefox has stopped launching in Mac OS X, it was working fine when I last shut down the computer

Mac System Preference won't open! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just got a latest macbook pro, but I have a problem: my system preferences place in the dock is now a grey question mark. I also cannot find it on my finder. Someone please help me. P.S. It's not in the Macintosh HD/Applications as well. (I installed windows vista on my mac through Bootcamp,...

MAC G-5 CD tray will not open [ 4 Answers ]

MAC G-5 CD tray will not open, even when holding down the mouse key while restarting

View more questions Search