Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherylstern Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 12:16 PM
    501 c 7 rules hotels?
    If a organization is a 501c 7 are they exempted from paying a hotel occupancy tax to the city for their overnight rooms
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 28, 2011, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sherylstern View Post
    If a organiztion is a 501c 7 are they exempted from paying a hotel occupancy tax to the city for their overnight rooms
    Normally, no, however it would depend on the specific city and state. There may or may not be an exemption that applies. You would have to look at the tax laws in the state and the tax ordinance for the city.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rules and regulations for 501(c-3) [ 4 Answers ]

I am on a board that is a 501 (c-3) they don't seem to be following any rules. How can I find out how they should be conducting a meeting. Example -. Signing black checks, giving raises with out board approval, not having motions made when making decisions. :( I try to explain that the meeting...

Rules for non-profit 501 c 3 [ 3 Answers ]

I am part of a 501(c)3 athletic organization. Unfortunately I can't find information on Regulations for running this type of business, all is specifically related to finances only. Where can I find information on running this type of business?

501(c)3 Corporation Raffle Rules [ 1 Answers ]

Located in California, we are a 501(c)3 corporation who has been approached to sponsor a raffle for a 'green' automobile, with interested parties donating $100 for a humanitarian project in India. Expected receipts are in the range of $300k. We realize that, because the donation is not given...

View more questions Search