Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wcmoore23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 09:41 AM
    cost function equation
    ASU bookstore is selling silk-screened T-shirts for the Thanksgiving Homecoming game. The setup fee is $150.00. The total cost to produce 100 T-shirts is $2000. The bookstore will sell the T-shirt for $25. How much is the bookstore paying for each shirt? The bookstore wants to produce 600 T-shirts. Should the bookstore produce the shirts?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2011, 10:13 AM

1) The bookstore pays $2000 for 100 T-shirts...

1 T-shirt = $ ?

2) Work out the cost of producing 600 T-Shirts.
    Then work out the total money it will get by selling the T-Shirts.
    Deduce the setup fee and find the profit.

If the profit is positive, then the shop should go for it. Otherwise... not.

What do you get? :)
    jaziboo2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2012, 08:53 AM
    That does not help can you explain step by step

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writing a linear cost function equation [ 5 Answers ]

can someone help me write a linear cost equation using y for estimated costs and x for activity cost driver if the machine operating cost include $200,000 of machine deprciation per year plus $75 of utlity cost for each day the machine is in operation. :confused:

Cost Function Equation [ 1 Answers ]

Write a cost function for the problem. Assume that the relationship is linear. Fixed cost, $160; 5 items cost $730 to produce

Linear cost function equation [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to figure out this exercise without luck; can you pelase help? Manchester Foundry produced 45,000 tons of steel in March at a cost of £1,150,000. In April, the foundry produced 35,000 tons at a cost of £950,000. Using only these two data points, determine the cost function for...

Linear function equation [ 2 Answers ]

Suppose you have a lemonade stand, and when you charge $1 per cup of lemonade you sell 60 cups. But when you raise your price to $1.50 you only sell 30 cups. Write an equation for the number of cups you sell as a function of the price you charge. Denote "C" for number of cups, and "P" for the...

Determing A function by an equation [ 1 Answers ]

I'm SOOO CONFUSED!! How do I determine an equation is a function or not by looking at an equation example: x^2 +2y=3 I tried to slove this equation by getting y by its self but I don't know what to do with the answer! I need help I have an exam tomorrow!

View more questions Search