Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2011, 09:40 AM
    Microsoft spreadsheet formula
    I live in nova scotia canada, I was wondering what I would use as a formula to determine my paycheck after taxes. I have my money earned before taxes already calculated using proper spreadsheet formulas.

This is not a homework thing lol, I've been out of school for years. This is me trying to figure out if I'll have enough money for rent out of my pay from my new job
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Apr 28, 2011, 07:04 PM

A spreadsheet can be used to automate any math problem you can visualize. If you know your tax rates and your paycheck amount, it's a simple formula.

A1 = your tax rate... like 15%
    A2 = your gross pay

A3: =A2*(1-A1)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 29, 2011, 03:54 AM

The problem here is not all deductions use the same formula.

Are you an hourly employee so your paycheck varies? You can probably get the percentages from your payroll department.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Just Had a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet Appear in the Middle of My Screen [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, All! I just had a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet appear in the middle of my screen. There's no document that looks like that on this computer. Could that have been some sort of virus or other threat, please? Thanks!

Spreadsheet formula [ 5 Answers ]

How do you use { and } formula in Index, as when I use { or } the formula gives error

How do I center the labels in my Microsoft excel spreadsheet [ 2 Answers ]

How do I center the labels in my Microsoft excel spreadsheet

Microsoft works spreadsheet 8.5 [ 3 Answers ]

When I type data in a cell, on my old computer it used to automatically fill in the rest of the data but on my new computer which has Microsoft works spreadsheet 8.5. can I get this feature? And also can I get Microsoft works spreadsheet to find any duplicate information IE phone numbers that I...

View more questions Search