Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mine4ever85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 08:40 AM
    Can I use other means to get the $8000+ in back child support then CSE?
    My ex is court ordered to pay $164 weekly for our two girls. If he pays at all within the 30 day limit it is less then what is due so he is now close to or just at $8000 behind. When I have gone many times to Child Support Enforcement nice people but not much resolution they say at least he is paying something. True. Well he just had two (yes two jobs) and child support caught him for one month he told them they could not take from both jobs and they put a stop on the second job order. As soon as that when into affect (one week) he quit the first job. Back to no support. Last years IRS was "suppose" to be withheld for child support he got it and got a truck "paid off". No lean on it. WHY?? They don't know. This years IRS they have no idea where it is. What can I do?? Can anyone help me because appearently Child Support Enforcement is for the people MOTHERS AND FATHERS that do not pay to raise their kids. Oh forgot he just took the girls for a trip to St. Augustine for the weekend must be nice guess the child support paid for it... lol
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2011, 08:49 AM

I don't know what you mean by "apparently Child Support Enforcement is for the people mothers and fathers that do not pay to raise their kids." Yes, CSE tracks down people and enforces child support orders.

Do you have a Judgment against him for the overdue child support? If not, go to Court and get one. With that in hand you are in a position to collect from him.
    mine4ever85 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 10:00 AM
    I do have one. And as long as he pays any amount within 30 days they will not take him to court. I do not know what county you are in but this us Pinellas County. They place a order to take the percentage of his pay no matter how small. So if he is hardly working that is what they take some of. He is suppose to pay the difference but it is never enforced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

Can my sons father get out of child support, or back child support? [ 2 Answers ]

The paternity was established for my son at 6 months of age.. will the father have to pay the past 6 months?

What form do I file with IRS to take back my taxes they took for back child support [ 7 Answers ]

My ex pays child support sporadicly and never a large amount for three children, he owes 4 years of back child support. This year I received his taxes. Now 2 months later they are telling me he filed a report with IRS that reversed his taxes being given to me and gave his taxes back to him. Now...

No child support ordered can I sue for back support [ 2 Answers ]

my boyfriend and his x divorced in 04 and at the time he received full custody she was not employed so there was not a child support order at the time. However ever since then she has harassed and tried to claim income tax refunds on the children that she also was never entitled to and recently...

View more questions Search