Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Apr 26, 2011, 08:56 AM
    $100 in AT&T go phone but phone doesn't work well
    Bought cell for emergencies. Almost never used and lost money twice and even needed a new number because old # was given away. So I put in $100 so I don't lose the money from lack of use. Turns out that I can only hear
    About every other word from the people I call. I asked for my money back. They said no.
    Must I buy a new phone?
    Can't I transfer the $100 to another service?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2011, 08:59 AM

AT&T makes the rules. If they said you can't, then you can't.

Yes, it appears you need to buy a new phone.

Did you buy this phone directly from AT&T?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 26, 2011, 09:41 AM
    Take the phone to any Radio Shack, Walmart, KMart, etc. The people who work there will know ALL about phones. Your phone is probably old, cheap, and weak. The minutes expire with age, not use. Your best bet is to buy the fewest number of minutes every 60 days for $20. You can get ANY brand of minutes for a Trac Phone and maybe yours too.
    You may also live in a weak reception area, as I do. Signals are weak here in the slightest rain, snow, or wind. We had no coverage at all until recently. It may not be the phone.

Apr 28, 2011, 07:01 AM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    Don't know about weak signals. I live in NYC. Cheap phone, no. I paid almost $100 for no phone. Re minutes,
    I have over $90 left to use. But thank you taking the time to reply.

Apr 29, 2011, 09:02 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    I meant to say "go phone" not no phone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from phone to computer? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from my cell phone onto my computer? I have a LG AX8600 cell phone. What type cord will I need to use for my computer and cell phone?

A phone number consist of seven digits plus the area code. How many possible phone nu [ 4 Answers ]

A phone number consist of seven digits plus the area code. How many possible phone numbers can have the area code 229?

How to configure office landline phone exchange for mobile phone calling [ 1 Answers ]

We have DLT TC-416 telephone exchange switch in our office. We have 2 phone lines connected i.e. PHONE-LINE1 & PHONE-LINE2 and 6 telephones are connected inside the office. I want to configure it such that all the mobile phone calls e.g. 03331234567 which start from digit 0 (zero) should...

Land phone repairwhat to do when the phone line from phone needs a new plg [ 2 Answers ]

Why isn't my modular plug working from my phone

View more questions Search