Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2011, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Attachment 36101

A quiet moment and a blast from the past.

That's me, um....reading. :)
    That's adorable.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2011, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    That's adorable.
    Thanks JLo.

You can tell it's old by the colors of the room, and my clothes. I can't believe anyone ever thought that style of anything looked good.

But then, when I look at our house when we first moved in, I can't believe we though that was modern. ;)
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2011, 03:50 PM

Something that makes me laugh.

This was a few years ago, camping. That's hubby trying to fix the dogs light up collars, with a knife.

He's such a ham. :)

Name:  camping etc. 011.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  57.8 KB

Crap, that came out really big! I'm sorry, I did resize it, really I did.

Shazzy, what am I doing wrong? :(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 1, 2011, 04:02 PM
    Me and my Grandma and my new baby brother. (My mom made all my clothes.)

This grandma would braid my hair so tight that I sometimes looked like a little Chinese girl.
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2011, 04:05 PM

WG, you are so cute! You're even wearing little mary janes. Just adorable! :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 1, 2011, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    WG, you are so cute! You're even wearing little mary janes. Just adorable! :)
    I'm still adorable, but the shoes don't fit any more.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 1, 2011, 04:14 PM

Me and my uncle (the son of the grandma pictured earlier and my father's only sibling).

Uncle Wally adored me and was my godparent. I've lived eight blocks from him since 1972 and had POA until he died. He had inherited my grandparents' house and lived there all his life. My younger son now owns it.

The shirt he has on was always my favorite shirt. I now own it.
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2011, 04:28 PM

Floating.

That's hubby and me on our honeymoon in Hawaii. R can't swim, but he floats pretty well. :)

Name:  small.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  61.0 KB
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2011, 04:38 PM

Red, a blast from the past (2006) and it makes me laugh.

This is Syd riding my old rocking horse. My dad got it for me when I was just a wee one. We still lived in Germany at the time, so that horse is at least 37 years old. :)

Name:  Sydney small.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  76.9 KB

Name:  sydney small 2.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  55.1 KB
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2011, 04:39 PM

I swear I re-sized both of those. What the heck am I doing wrong? I re-sized them to a 1/3 of what they were. I can only imagine how big they'd be if I hadn't re-sized. :(
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2011, 04:46 PM

And this is the best I can do for something fishy.

He eats fish. He smells like fish. He swims in water. I know it's a stretch, but it's the best I can do. ;)

Let's hope I got the sizing down this time.

By the way, after the crowds left, we stuck around to watch him swim, and that's when the staff fed him. They allowed us (Jared and me) into his habitat, and we got to feed him fish. He actually took it right out of our hands. It was very cool. Unfortunately it was just Jared and me that day, and I had no one that could take a picture of us feeding the sea lion, so this shot will have to do. :)

Views: 56
Size:  10.2 KB
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2011, 05:11 PM
    'Blast from the past' and 'What makes you laugh' for me

I'd gone home for a long weekend a couple of years back, and not having anywhere to sleep I took the couch, in the morning I get up to get a drink or something (and as such Jasper escapes from the kitchen). When I return he is lying in my makeshift bed giving me the look of 'but its sooo comfy' :D
    Attached Images

Pets Expert

May 1, 2011, 05:22 PM

He's so cute Bear, and I love that we both came up with the name Jasper for our dogs. Although I'm sure there were different reasons behind the choice. :)
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2011, 05:26 PM

This is a blast from the past (our kitchen now has laminate floors, and it's painted terra cota).

Jared is around 3 years old there, making a mess and having a blast. :)

Views: 51
Size:  6.6 KB
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2011, 05:26 PM

LMAO! I can't win. My pictures are either too big, or too small.
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2011, 05:33 PM

Another blast from the past. Jared and Sydney are around 2 and 6 in this picture, and as you can tell it's Christmas.

It's also a bit fishy. How you ask? Well, that black fuzzy thing by Jared's foot, I have no idea what it is! Now that's fishy! ;)

Name:  small00230013.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  91.2 KB
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2011, 05:40 PM

Agreed its his little face looking so innocent when he knows he shouldn't be up there :D

I can't actually remember if there was a reason we called him Jasper, but we did find out he liked carrots a lot (Jasper Carrot) so it might have been that :D
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2011, 05:50 PM

As for the guess the fuzzy thing, I'm going to guess mini black furry slippers :D
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2011, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    agreed its his little face looking so innocent when he knows he shouldnt be up there :D

I can't actualy remember if there was a reason we called him Jasper, but we did find out he liked carrots alot (Jasper Carrot) so it might have been that :D
    We named our Jasper, Jasper, after Jasper, Alberta. It's a really nice vacation spot in the mountains. Big tourist attraction. We had just been there right before we got Jasper, so you, we went with that.

Never heard of jasper carrots. I thought all carrots were just called... well... carrots. :o
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2011, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    as for the guess the fuzzy thing, im gonna guess mini black furry slippers :D
    I'm guessing that it's a stuffy. I just don't recognize it.

I'm pretty sure it's not slippers. I don't recall any of us having black furry slippers that looked like a large black rat. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scavenger in rainforest [ 1 Answers ]

What scavengers live in rainforest?

Scavenger hunt [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie about some teenagers on a scavenger hunt. There were about five teams in which each team had a specific color. They drove Volkswagen beetles and their cars were the same color of the teams. This movie probably was out during the late 1980's early 1990's. Please someone help...

Photographic effect [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there! I might be the worst photographer on the planet, so I'm sure I'll be coming back with normal questions in the near future. For now, I was hoping you could tell me why there is a giant blue thing in this picture of my dog. I took other pictures a second before and a second after,...

Scavenger or not [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me with this. I will try to keep it simple. My boy friend lost his house approx. 15 years ago. He and his comon law spouse split up and he left her with the house and the income from the upstairs apartment. She failed to keep her part of the bargain which I believe was payment of the...

View more questions Search