Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Linuxf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2011, 04:35 PM
    Do I break up with my girlfriend?
    My girlfriend of three years recently told me she wanted a break and I managed to get it out of her that she wanted a breaks o that she could tell other guys she was single and see if she'd get some attention and see if she could live life without me. I can understand her commitment issues but after hearing this I broke up with her there and then. However we got back together again but decided to give each other some space. She began to act slightly different around me when I did get to see her and told me she was going shopping with her friend Kerrie. I found out a few days later that she'd actually gone out with another guy. I felt foolish to take her back but she told me she called things off because she was being stupid and she wanted to be with me. She then called up the next day to apologise and tell me she loved me. But it doesn't end there. She was going out with her friends and I knew that this guy was going ot be there too and everyone usually goes back to his place after to crash so I told her id prefer it if she didn't and she told me that she'd get a lift home. The next day I couldn't get through to her at all and her mum eventually text me to ask if I was with her. She was off radar for 12hours until she appeared at home. I then spoke to her and found out she had stayed at this guys house and it was just the two of them and they made out. I feel stupid even asking if I should break up with her because how can I trust her again if she's lied ot me so easily and done this stuff. But I love her too much to live without her and I don't want to lose her. I feel like a fool and I've told her she needs to give me a reason to stay with her and prove to me that she wants to be with me. Am I being stupid?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2011, 05:53 PM

Are you stupid. Well no, your in love. But are your decsions stupid. Yeah very much so.

Listen, this was over when she broke up with you the first time. Anything after that was just hanging out or hanging on until she found another person.

Telling her that if she wants you she'll have to prove it to you is... well stupid. She doesn't want you, so she has nothing to prove. If she wanted you, she'd be with you and not nailing... I mean "making out" this other guy.

It's tough after 3 years to walk away, but it's a lot tougher to find your dignity after you constantly give it away. At least hold on to what you have at this point and end... what is already ended. Return her stuff, get yours and keep separated.
    coruzzi2 Posts: 86, Reputation: 7

Apr 24, 2011, 06:53 PM

Let this one go, it will be hard for a while, but in the long run, it will be the best thing you'll ever do for yourself.
    How can you marry someone, raise kids and a family with someone like that. You're a fool if you trust her again, and you cannot have a future with someone you can't trust. You just can't. Therefore, there's no point in wasting any more time or emotion on this one.

Let her go have her sick fun,
    And you'll be moved on and laughing when she's crying back all used up one day!
    Tough it out, a lot of times you really don't notice that the love you think you have is nothing (when compared to the real one later on) Trust me, this isn't the one. Don't settle.
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

Apr 25, 2011, 08:55 AM
    Comment on chuff's post
    I think nailing is right..
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2011, 01:53 PM
    By the way you write I wouldn't say that your stupid, however you actions do need some common sense thrown into them. She doesn't want to be with you, that part is obvious... So stop sticking around and go live your life somewhere else where maybe you will meet a girl who wants to be with YOU and not wants to put you as a backup while she goes out and bangs other guys.

Good luck,
    Javi
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2011, 02:18 PM

So how long are you going to wonder if your stupid, before you do the smart thing and dump this lying cheater.

"Stupid is as stupid does"-Wise American.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2011, 09:55 PM
    You are being played big time.

Are you embarrassed? Now?

You should be. Are you awake?

She's making out & you are crying about her.

Boo-f-ing Hoo...

Lying, cheater is right! Who's crying. Not her.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2011, 12:59 AM

She lies,she cheats-reality check-time to end this mess.
    Merlin_Paul Posts: 14, Reputation: 6

Apr 27, 2011, 11:10 AM
    Don't waste your time and life for a stupid cheater.And of-course you need to get rid of it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Girlfriend wants a break [ 6 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years says she wants a break. I tried to be understanding and gave her the break she wanted. She says she is stressed and tired all of the time. Her job is stressful because she works at a daycare. But she says she loves her job. We both still live at home and are both...

What to do? Should I break up with my girlfriend? [ 7 Answers ]

Where to start because there is kind of a lot and I've been venting to my friends lately about the most recent things. Well OK, here goes. I started dating this girl almost three months ago (so not that long, my previous two relationships, one which ended a few weeks before we got together, were 9...

My Girlfriend Wants A Break [ 20 Answers ]

Look, I've been with my girlfriend for about a year and two months now. We live 30 minutes away and have always had a strong loving relationship. She has been extremely busy for the past few months with two jobs and softball. She recently told me that she wants a break but she's not even sure of...

My girlfriend wants a break what do I do? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok here is the story... Me and my girlfriend have been dating for a while and it was going great, we have a fight here and there but nothing big. We both told each other we loved each other and really did mean it. So then one Wednesday we got into a kind of big fight and she got really mad at...

View more questions Search