Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shelbs2394 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2011, 10:05 AM
    Canon eos digital camera.
    Okay so someone protected my pictures on my camera and I cannot get them onto my computer or delete them off my camera... I NEED HELP ASAP! My model is the EOS Rebel XTi. THANK YOU!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2011, 10:07 AM

I'm not sure this is your camera so I am going to suggest that you read the manual or go on line, to the Canon site, and ask.

Seems odd that "someone" got access to your camera and protected photos. I'm not sure this isn't someone else's camera and you are trying to delete photos.

Sorry, but I'm an investigator and this doesn't sound right to me.

Try the Canon site.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 24, 2011, 02:48 PM

How are you accessing the pictures? By cable or are you taking out the card and trying to transfer it?
    samuelspeak Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

May 5, 2011, 04:39 AM
    Agreed with JudyKayTee, read the manual or check out canon forums. I think you should be able to find the camera online as well.
    umashi Posts: 28, Reputation: 0

May 15, 2011, 05:22 AM
    If you are using an sd card make sure it is not in the locked position
    Other than that try going through the menu on the camera and look for settings or picture properties or something similar and there should be something about copy protection bieng enabled or something similar.

May 15, 2011, 05:25 AM
    Most cameras now adays have some form of protection,there should be somethng about it in the camera manual,if not look in the menu,if not that then it could be password protected to discourage tampering with it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 15, 2011, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by umashi View Post
    most cameras now adays have some form of protection,there should be somethng about it in the camera manual,if not look in the menu,if not that then it could be password protected to discourage tampering with it.

Are you familiar with this camera model? It DOES have password protection. Someone has locked it. The secret is - what is the password or procedure?

May 16, 2011, 02:05 AM
    The only thing I could recommend if this is your camera is to get decryption software to decrypt the password
    But that will only work if the files are stored on a memory card.
    You would have to look for a brute force or dictionary decryption software if you really need the files though.the only other thing I can think of would be to reset the camera or take it in to a store that has a hacker working for them that could get the files off.

May 16, 2011, 02:11 AM
    If that doesn't work,
    Try to google: unlock files

There should be something that would pop up about unlocking the files so you could access them.
    Rancher60 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 03:25 PM
    We have a Cannon SD-600. Bought a 4 gig memory card & tried to format it, but the format option is not highlighted & will not allow you to select it??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't find my software to load on my laptop for my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT. [ 1 Answers ]

I need to download software for my EOS digital Rebel XT camera to my laptop... can't find my CD... is there somewhere to download it?

Canon EOS Rebel XS [ 4 Answers ]

I just purchased a Canon EOS Rebel XS camera and cannot figure out how to change from the LCD screen to the viewfinder. Problem with the manual is there is no index. Does anyone know? (It's a great camera but I would prefer the viewfinder on occasion.)

Can A Canon EF Zoom 75-300mm USM Lens be used with a digital SLR camera? [ 2 Answers ]

Can the above lens that I use with a Canon EOS SLR camera be used with a digital SLR body. Thanks. Dleonskie.

Canon Digital Camera [ 3 Answers ]

I need your opinion on the New Canon EOS Digital Camera model: 40D?:o

View more questions Search