Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noheat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Limit switch pops out, furnace blows cold air, also slow water leak
    I have a series 100 carrier gas furnace (15 yrs old) I reset the limit switch, turn the power back on at the furnace. It starts up fine and the burners come on for about 15 minutes or so then the limit switch pops out and the fan keeps blowing out cold air. There is a slow dripping of water on the left and right side of the condensate collector box located just behind the air induction motor/blower. I had the thermostat set at 70 and the temp. rises from 60 to about 64 before the limit switch pops out. I lowered the setting to about 64 and the furnace runs normally. If I raise the setting higher I will have the same problem. I think the water leak is causing this problem. Should I remove the air induction motor/blower and then the condensate collector box and see what is behind there?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2007, 08:48 PM
    I would think that you have a stopped up drain line in the furnace that carries away the condensation.
    noheat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Is that something I can fix myself and would that involve removing the air induction blower which is mounted on the condensate collector box?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Furnace Blows Cold Air [ 18 Answers ]

This actually just started a day ago and I am trying to figure out as much as I can before calling a service person (if necessary). My apologies in advance if I am leaving out important details but I've never dealt with a faulty heater or A/C before. My central heater in the attic was running...

Forced air furnace blows cold at first... [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I found this forum full of helpful answers, so I'm hoping will be able to get some ideas on what could be wrong with my heating system. Iam using forced air furnace, that was working fine last year blowing hot air. However, this fall soon after turning it on, cycle starts but blowing...

Furnace blows cold air [ 3 Answers ]

Yesterday my furnace stopped heating my home. It is 3 years old & I did some minor troubleshooting. The filter is not clogged and the blower is circulating air normally. I checked inside the unit & the ignitor coil is heating and starting the gas jets burning, but they shut off after about 10...

Please help:Furnace still blows cold air... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi again, I posted my situation a few days ago with very little response, so I wanted to follow up again before calling out a technician. I have a Goodman gas furnace, about three years old. It has electronic pilot ignition, which works fine and will enable the burner flame... the problem is the...

Furnace blows cold air... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a new member and thought I had already posted my question, but I can't seem to locate it. So, here I go again. Condensed version: Goodman Gas Furnace... 2years old. Blows cold air. Electronic ignition... ignites flame burners, but they turn off prematurely after about 2-3min. Then after a...

View more questions Search