Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anon12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 12:30 PM
    How to end a long distant relationship nicely
    I'll cut to the chase. Me and my partner have been together now for just over 3 months. We're on opposite sides of the world. I'm in Europe and he's in the states.
    I don't think we're going to work out, its so long distance I don't think we'll ever see each other so there isn't really much of a future in this. He's a really sweet and caring guy and if he were within distance of me being able to see him (not every day but maybe a couple of times a month) then I'd most likely stay with him. I feel like I could be doing so much more with my life if I were without the burden of having to keep up an online relationship. I'm online constantly talking and this is distracting me from some very important things such as my studied; I've not got much of a social life anymore and its probably not helping. We also don't have too much in common, so I'm kind of confused as to what it is that's holding us together. I want to remain friends with him, I don't want to break his heart and I don't want him hurt. What do I do! Any advise or answers would be so very loved.
    Thanks
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2011, 12:38 PM

The only thing you can do is tell him the reasons for breaking up,i.e. what you wrote in your post.

LDRs are difficult and if you're not happy and you think it's not going to work out you must end it.
    Lihian Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Apr 23, 2011, 01:01 PM
    All I can say is that you would make better friends than anything else, myself and my bestmate are so different in nearly everything. But he's my bestmate cause he understands me better than anyone. Seriously, ask if you can stay friends because if he's keeping your interest so much. Then maybe your meant to be friends.

I hope this helps in the slightest, Besides. I'm sure you'll need a playful, jolly and happy Jynx... With a really serious attitude. Hopefully that'll remind you who I am. If you need me, feel free to Message me okay :D
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 24, 2011, 07:45 AM

How old are you? How old is he? Online or not, honesty is the best policy but, no matter how nice you want to be, bad news will not be so nicely received.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2011, 10:04 PM
    Be honest, just like you are doing here.

3 months isn't really together. After all...

Cut it clean. With no promises or expectations.

Or one-sided "friendship" hassles for him.

Tell him flat out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My long distant relationship is constantly being test! [ 18 Answers ]

Ugh I hate this! Okay I FREAKIN LOVE MY LDR BOYFRIEND WITH ALL MY HEART. That's MY FUTURE HUSBAND! I just hate when other guys come along and want to date/hook up with me. I tell them I'm taken but they don't care. So its tempting, its like I'm getting tested all the time. Sometimes when ever I go...

End of a long-term relationship [ 33 Answers ]

Hi all Recently (a week and a half ago to be exact) my girlfriend/partner of two and a half years broke up with me. Preceding this, she had moved out a week before after we found out that we were getting kicked out of our apartment in a couple of months. My world has been turned upside down (it...

Long distance relationship is a little too distant [ 10 Answers ]

I've just moved 5 hrs away from my boyfriend of 4 months and there's already problems. But he doesn't see it. Me still getting used to the new area away from family and friends would like to talk to her boyfriend you know for comfort, moral support, to see how he's doing, cause well I miss...

Long Distant Relationship/ Should I give up? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 2 yrs. Now and he's been having trouble finding a job. We had an offer that we couldn't refuse a good paying job (finally) and the catch is relocating. It was his families business and we agreed that a year of sacrifice will be good in the long run...

View more questions Search