Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crzyhopper71 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2011, 12:16 PM
    If you weren't DUI or DWI why did you get this sentence? I had a previous DUI,and I didn't see the cops behind me. You can drink alcohol and have kids in your car as long as you aren't intoxicated. To this I don't really don't know. I have heard that you still can get open container, and maybe a DUI. I stopped and I buried that part of my life, if I didn't I know in my heart I would be dead.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2011, 01:32 PM

Very glad that you saw a problem and changed your behavior. Lots of people won't even admit there's a problem. This is very much in your favor.

I know it's been asked BUT is there a law school in your area? Students are often available to give advice and in my area some of them are REALLY good - and free and/or not very expensive.
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2011, 02:49 PM

Here is info on law schools in Idaho - I'd start calling around: Idaho Law School - Law Schools in Idaho

Apr 24, 2011, 03:04 PM
    Thanks it's hard quitting a very bad habit, and doing it all by yourself with really no support is hard enough. Been sober for almost 15 months, and I'm damn proud of myself for doing it!! I'm pretty sure there is a law school, finding it, is the problem. I wouldn't know the first thing to do, maybe Google it. It's also hard to do these kinds things when my kids are around, trying to keep them out of this, the less they know the better it is for them. This whole experience has been a roller coaster to me, I had no idea that my husband had this whole thing planned out, hinted to me about this state, always saying something about not being able to leave, now I know why :(
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2011, 03:07 PM

15 months sober? You SHOULD be proud of yourself.

Your husband is simply spouting off. Ignore him, click on that website, get the numbers, make some calls.

Apr 24, 2011, 03:32 PM
    Thanks a lot for all the advice, means a lot to me!!
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2011, 11:19 AM

I've been hoping you would come back and let us know how things are working out for you.

Sometimes someone strikes a chord in me and I hope everything will be all right. You're trying really hard. Hope it's working out.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 30, 2011, 11:34 AM

I'm jumping into this 5 page thread, so excuse me if I missed something important.

But what I read indicated that OP filed for divorce in October and, since she can't seem to find an attorney in Idaho willing to help her, the case has been stalled since.

She needs to file a motion for temporary child support. It doesn't have to be fancy, just file something. Or, alternatively, if Idaho has something like a child support enforcement agency, get the agency to help her.

But there is no excuse for a case sitting for more than 6 months, the mom struggling without child support, and while the dad is making a good income. That is flat-out absurd.

So if it's called to the judge's attention I would bet that the judge will jump on it.

Oh, and ask the court clerk how to schedule a hearing. Some judges don't seem to know if anything is filed unless a hearing is requested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having a hard time finding a lawyer [ 1 Answers ]

I'm really new in the business world, and I find it really hard to find a good, reliable lawyer. How did you find yours?

Can I have my divorce in Idaho annulled? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My exhusband and I were divorced last fall. We continued to see each other and are now engaged to remarry - wishing we had just stayed married and worked it out with each other instead of divorcing. Is it possible to have our divorce annulled? We would like to avoid the ceremony again and...

Finding a lawyer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a relative that is a senior citizen that needs to make out a wheel. She doesn't own any real estate. She has a 2005 small car and a handicapped daughter who can't walk that she willl have to live in a relative care. Are there reasonable services for senior citzens to help them with...

Finding the right lawyer [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have any tips on assessing the most suitable counsel to represent you in court? Obviously their demeanor and experience practicing law are important, but anything else I should be looking out for?

Finding out about a lawyer [ 3 Answers ]

Someone asked me to find out about a particular lawyer in New YOrk. How can I check On a lawyer. I know how to check on doctors but not lawyers... i.e. complaints Against them, their education, etc.

View more questions Search