Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krys18ca Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Never had a date
    I have a probleme getting date you know I'm a little on the chubby side but I think of myself as curvy because I'm nopt that big a little shy and I'm a nice girl I'm 18 never had a date and I wuld really like one I don't know what I am doing wrong guys just think of me as a friend? So I don't know what to do HELPPP
    queball Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2007, 08:57 PM
    What type of guy are you looking for? Maby you have your sights set too high, or too low. Even if you are shy, you should still be able to get a date, but remember, most guys are only out for one thing, and one thing only. So if you get a date with a guy, let them know up front what your boundries are and stick to them.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Go to places that you will meet guys your age of a year or so older. Just for a suggestion go to the library, join a reading group, go to Church, get involved in one of the classes there. Just make yourself available. You got to go where the guys are. Bars and clubs are not the best places for you to go alone... go in a group.
    krys18ca Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 09:09 PM
    All I'm looking for if a sweet guy who treat me right. And I do all that going t library and clubs and classes and that it doesn't work
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Feb 22, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Life isn't fair. Chubby/curvy individuals usually have to make more effort than slender individuals to attract the opposite sex. If you don't flirt, say hello, or smile at people because you are shy, and just sit wherever waiting to be approached - well that isn't likely to happen.

The good news is you know what you're doing isn't working, so all you have to do is change what you are doing. I know, you want people to like you for you as you are, but that can't happen if you don't create an opportunity for them to get to know you.

I'd suggest the following things if you aren't already doing them:
    1) Exercise - not so much for weight loss, but because it's good for eliminating stress and putting yourself in a good frame of mind. People are attracted to happy people.

2) Try to smile at people and make eye contact.

3) Talk to people and laugh/joke. Work on flirting.

4) Make your goal getting to know guys instead of getting a date. Dates will be a side effect.
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2007, 04:34 PM
    I'm going to say-don't worry about it! You need to worry about you first. If you think you're unhappy because you don't have a guy, you won't be happy with a guy. You need to find what makes you happy, something you can do on your own. Get out and get involved in something you like to do without the forethought of just trying to meet a guy.
    People are attracted to people that are confident, adjusted and have a life. So get out there and just be you-and you'll be reeling them in in no time!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Listen, life is just odd sometimes.

There have been times in my life when I couldn't get a date with a person id like for the life of me, and then other times when there were two or three people who wanted to date. Point is, sometimes there is absolutely no reason.

As for being "curvy", well, to each their own. My cousin, who is quite fit, has always been attracted to curvy women. Hed walk right past a skinny girl in a heartbeat to get to the one with some shape.

So try to be a little patient. I know its frustrating. But sometimes its just the right people aren't around you. It really can be that simple.

Outside of that, be upbeat, have fun, get to know people. It'll happen. I promise. You just need to be positive and enjoy yourself.
    nustart56 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Dec 29, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Hey guys I think that's just an ad for a dating service.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Great answers on this topic. If you are 18, try some of the dating sites.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Ha, that's funny nustart. Oh well, be yourself and let things develop on their own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

First date [ 4 Answers ]

Well my question is what would be an appopriate gift to give on a first date?:)

After a first date [ 10 Answers ]

Met a guy a few months ago through a friend's birthday party and I ended up getting his number. Anyway, we decided to finally meet up on Sunday just gone... its now Thursday night and I haven't heard from him. Thought date went really well, we had a laugh and joke and a kiss at the end. I text...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

How do I ask her on a date? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question on how I can ask this girl on a date. There is this girl in my youth ministry group (church thing) that I have a huge crush on. She hasn't gone there in awhile, but I found that she works at a mexican restaurant. So of course it becomes my favorite place to eat. That is the only...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search