Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shalininair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 06:04 AM
    Who is the pope who decreed that his corpse should be bathed in wine?
    Who is the pope who decreed that his corpse should be bathed in wine?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2011, 07:41 AM

I have not heard that one before... but to be honest, it smells like urban legend.

I've googled it several ways and even asked some friends who are history gurus... I'm finding nothing about it.
    Goldenwolf Posts: 157, Reputation: 9

May 5, 2011, 09:28 PM
    http://www.babbonyc.com/winepicks-orvieto.html
    I found this. According to this source it was pope Gregory XVI

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

80s or 90s movie with a corpse /zombie with a shotgun and a worm as his pet and a boy [ 2 Answers ]

All I remember is that's there is a boy who becomes friends with a corpse type zombie thing that always has a shot gun in a rocking chair in front of this old house or something he also has a worm as his pet I think the worm barks. And the boy needs to save the world or something like that

Transferring room temperature wine to wine fridge [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a proper procedure for transferring wine that has been stored at room temperature to a wine fridge? Does it need to be a step by step process in lowering the temp. of the wine till it reaches the optimum storage temperature?

Does biospot wash off when pet is bathed and if so is it safe to reapply ? [ 3 Answers ]

If I bathe my dog after appliing biospot flea & tick control will it wash the treatment off?

Redistribution/re-sale of wine or fortified wine [ 4 Answers ]

If I wanted to charge a fee for private wine tastings in people's home (people of legal drinking age) in the state of Texas and Louisiana, (a) do I need a special license or permit to charge a fee for the wine tasting? And (b) if I want to sell them contingency bottles of wine (1 of each type of...

View more questions Search