Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cynic Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 07:03 PM
    MD "wanted" Human Blood Question...
    I have been doing some research on the human body for a comic strip I am trying to write... And I am trying to keep just the fact when it comes to the human body. So my question is?

What is the maximum amount of blood a person can lose with out dying? And how long would it take to be back to normal?

This is all I know so far...
    The average adult has about five liters five liters of blood (what is that in pints?) living inside of their body.

Your body replenishes the fluid lost from donation within 24 hours. It may take up to two months to replace to lost Red Blood Cells.
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

Jan 24, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynic
    I have been doing some research on the human body for a comic strip I am trying to write... And I am trying to keep just the fact when it comes to the human body. So my question is?

What is the maximum amount of blood a person can lose with out dying? And how long would it take to be back to normal?

This is all I know so far...
    The average adult has about five liters five liters of blood (what is that in pints?) living inside of their body.

Your body replenishes the fluid lost from donation within 24 hours. It may take up to two months to replace to lost Red Blood Cells.
    A preson can loose about 1-2 pints of blood depending on the person. Like height, weight and build and med history. That also is taken into consideration as to how fast they will recover from such a massive blood loss. The term is cardiogenic shock. There are appox. 8 pints of blood in the human body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

"Dark Age" or "Golden Age" of Human Existence? [ 3 Answers ]

History shows us over and over that all great civilizations eventually come to an end. It stands then that our Civilization (as we know it) will come to an end sometime as well. Do you think the world is slipping into a "Dark Age", or are we about to emerge into a "Golden Age" ? We seem to...

Hose bib question "prier" brand [ 5 Answers ]

I've got a leaky hose bib that says PRIER on the body of the bib. I'm guessing PRIER is the name of the company that made it. It is a frost proof bib and it leaks only when it is turned on. It leaks around where the stem (part with the handle on it) screws into the bib body (part that is...

View more questions Search