Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thomasz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2011, 05:48 PM
    Carrier 58GS125-JA I'm out of town and my wife just called me to say the furnace won
    Carrier 58GS125-JA
    I'm out of town and my wife just called me to say the furnace
    Won't come on how can I troubleshoot this with her over the phone.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2011, 06:35 PM
    If the system is also equipped for air conditioning, set the thermostat fan selector to "on". If the blower starts/runs, this will verify that power supply is present. If it doesn't operate, check the basics first: 1) Is the thermostat set correctly? 2) Circuit breaker tripped or fuse blown? 3) Is the blower access panel securely in place? (There is an interlock switch located behind this panel. If the panel is loose, the switch may disengage, interrupting power to the unit.) Here is a link to a video clip of the operating sequence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI9UC_wE1_M .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi there, yesterday my wife called that the furnace wasn't working [ 0 Answers ]

... and the house was getting cold. My son in law came over and after calling an HVAC friend of his, cleaned something and it seemed to work fine. Last night and again this morning the heat works but won't get over 64 degrees. There is a viewing window and a solid green led glowing. Any ideas? ...

What's that movie called where a small redneck town is attacked by worms? Not tremers [ 2 Answers ]

I watched this a while ago and never finished it, It is about these worms that attack a redneck town, and kill people. Its not tremors, that much I'm sure of because these were small worms

What's the movie called when a family gets stranded in a spook town [ 3 Answers ]

A group of people gets stranded in the middle of the desert with a ghost town that was once atomic bomb

Carrier 58GS125-2, Burner shuts down after 10 Sec, no Blower [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to fix a Carrier Model 58GS125-2 with spark ignition. Thermostat Switches on Heat Spark Starts Pilot Lights After about 10 seconds Burner Starts After about 10 more second Burner goes out Pilot stays lit and burner keeps cyling on and off with no blower. Extra info. 3 Wire...

View more questions Search