Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dymond89 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2011, 03:44 PM
    Concerned
    Hi! I have a situation that I am really concerned about! I had intercourse with my ex boyfriend oct.3 and with my boyfriend oct.8! I am now pregnant! My due date is July 3 which put my conception date at oct.10! I was wondering who could more probable be the father of my child and how long does sperm live in the uterus? Thanks so much!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2011, 03:53 PM

DNA is the only way to know and that has to wait until the baby is born.

Under ideal conditions sperm lives a maximum of 5 days inside your body.

Apr 22, 2011, 04:07 PM
    So if my conception date was October 10 then my exboyfriend sperm wouldn't have lived that long for me to conceive right? So October 8 wouldn't be more probable?

Apr 22, 2011, 04:08 PM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    So if my conception date was October 10 then my exboyfriend sperm wouldn't have lived that long for me to conceive right? So October 8 wouldn't be more probable?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2011, 04:53 PM

A conception date is not 100% "guaranteed." It's an estimate, same as your delivery date.

No, you can't rely on what you are thinking.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dymond89 View Post
    so if my conception date was october 10 then my exboyfriend sperm wouldn't have lived that long for me to conceive right? so october 8 wouldn't be more probable?
    Your conception date is only an estimate. It's impossible to tell exactly when you ovulated. The dates of your encounters are so close together only a paternity test after delivery will determine who the biological father is.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2011, 06:13 PM

ERROR: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to J_9 again.

I agree with the others. Doesn't matter statistically who is or is not more probable. A paternity test will be the only way to determine who the father is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be concerned ? [ 8 Answers ]

I was unintentionally browsing through my bf's fone and came across a message that he has sent his co-worker saying "Hi" . The next I see is that he has deleted the rest of their conversations . I asked him why did he do that to which he replied that it was just a hi-hello , how you doing sms.. On...

Should I be concerned? [ 2 Answers ]

I know I really should see a doctor, but I don't have any health insurance and can't find any free clinics in my area. So I'm putting this up here to see if maybe anyone else went through this or perhaps is am doctor and could help/give advice. I don't know what is wrong with me, but here are...

Should I be concerned? [ 1 Answers ]

About a week and a half ago one of my girls refused to eat and passed blood. She was promptly taken to the vet and diagnosed with a tummy problem. We got some medicine and was asked to bring in a stool sample for further study within the next few days. Well she got her appetite back, and she...

View more questions Search