Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freebielaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2011, 02:31 PM
    Is it possible to have an old class d felony charge reduced to a misdemeanor or
    Expunged based on the fact that the dollar amount involved in the crime would now make it a misdemeanor?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2011, 03:55 PM

No. The fact that the Law changed doesn't change the way you were charged at another time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 06:20 PM

No, you can not go back and change previous convictions.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2011, 06:42 PM

Hello f:

You COULD apply for a pardon or to have your conviction expunged.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get my felony reduced to a misdemeanor? [ 2 Answers ]

I have criminal sales charge of a controlled substance and I finished a year in prison and I had 2 years of parole but finished a year early with no violations I now want to join the army but in order to do that I need to get my felony reduced to a misdemeanor I have children and one more on the...

I recently got a misdemeanor charge in az for DV . I am doing Diversion class. Do you [ 2 Answers ]

I recently got a misdemeanor charge in az for DV . I am doing Diversion class. Do you have to report that on a job application if they ask for misdemeanors? If you are doing the diversion classes is that a pending charge? Does it show on a criminal background check?

Can a felony be reduced to a misdemeanor carry a weapon on school propety [ 6 Answers ]

Can a felony carry a weapon on school propety be reduced to a misdemeanor

Can I get felony reduced to misdemeanor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I wanted to find out if a felony can be reduced to a misdemeanor 2nd degree assaut was the felony charge. And how soon should a person do that... my public defender told me we should wait till I finish my probation which was for 3 years paid my restituition. The attorney said it is a one time...

Gun purchase after felony reduced to misdemeanor [ 18 Answers ]

Complicated questions. 6 almost 7 years I was convicted of aggravated battery. 60 days county jail and the remainder of a year on probation. With restitution and court fee's the be paid before release from probation. I completed probation with no blemish's and paid restitution on...

View more questions Search