Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nutzz Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2011, 05:08 AM
    Opinion
    I always think about what people in other countries think about india... so all of yours opinion is welcomed...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2011, 06:32 AM

Hello n:

India is a nice country. A little crowded, though.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2011, 06:42 AM
    They seem to enjoy posting in broken English on English discussion boards.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 22, 2011, 09:02 AM
    I have a great deal of respect and admiration and awe of India, the culture, philosophy, religion, music, and family values. I believe that the most ancient knowledge and understandings of the human condition came from India and China long before other parts of the world. Medicine and astronomy and other sciences too. I like the idea of more than one god, to explain creation and death, suffering and joy, when one god has us confused about tragedy. I believe that early Christianity had roots in teachings of Gautama Buddha, but they were changed over time (gospel books found in 1945).
    I don't know what crime is like in India, but I don't see stories of it, or corrupt mobs, or strong political oppression. Like any country, much is changing, some good (economic opportunity of all) and some bad (a sad picture of a man with his parent's body at the Ganges, littered with garbage).
    Love of learning is to this day still strong in India.

I don't like the caste system though.
    one_4_adventure Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2011, 06:44 PM
    When my wife and I traveled to India a couple of years ago (traveled from Kochi to Mumbai) we really enjoyed it (she had previously studied [in Pune] for a semester of her undergrad 10 years previously). The people were friendly, food incredible, it was a great travel adventure! We are going to return to travel the northern part of the country in the future. On a side note, to me it was a little chaotic (which my wife actually liked) and somewhat dirty, but that all added to the adventure and charm...

P

Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 06:49 PM

I've always wanted to visit. We have a friend whose family is originally from India. He's been there many times to visit, and always has wonderful stories to tell.

The food is a bit spicey for my liking, but still tastes great. :)
    Alethia312 Posts: 45, Reputation: 5

May 12, 2011, 07:03 AM
    For me, India is a very exotic place with heady aromas everywhere! I like the food but in small doses only.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 12, 2011, 09:24 AM
    I forgot about the food! And if you want to be a vegetarian but find that boring, try Indian vegetarian dishes. Kofta can taste just like Swedish meatballs, but why not just taste good as veggies? and they have some of the best tasting rice in the world, like Basmati.

As in many areas of the world with very hot sections (I know, not all of India), spicy food is common. I once had some extremely spicy Indian food on a very hot day and felt cooler. It really works.

(I like food of all nationalities.. just one or two I won't mention as pretty dull.)
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2011, 11:30 AM
    When somebody mentions India,I think over populated, poverty in places, why have so many children in this society,but I also think what a fantastic place with beautiful people,always wanted to go there.I see my grandad on a horse with a long blade and his head wrapped in a turban, in my minds eye

My grandad fought with the indian army during the war(bless him)he was there for some time, he loved it.We had relatives over there but never managed to find them, wouldn't no where to start now, names are different etc...

Can't stand the smell of curry though,fish and chips any day.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jul 12, 2011, 11:59 AM

When I think of India I think of a beautiful, cultural place. The clothing and the foods are wonderful. Recently I have watched a documentary called "Born in Brothel" which may have changed my opinion of India a little. I am saddened by how the women and children are treated in some of the poorer areas of India.
    raisingale Posts: 71, Reputation: 20

Jul 12, 2011, 01:26 PM

Delicious food. My American wife has been taking some Indian cooking classes much to my delight! In fact, we just bought our very own Idli pan. Other than that, like a previous post, the caste system strikes me as odd. I also think of what a beautiful country it must be ouside of the crowded areas.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Jul 12, 2011, 01:43 PM

On one hand I think about the poverty and disparity among the classes. I feel for the extremely poor and hungry people in India living in unhealthy circumstances.

On the other hand, I think about how much Indian culture has given to the world. I think Bollywood is just AWESOME, right on down to the dancing and music. Indian music in general is amazing. I love the fashion, and have worn Indian fashions on many occasions. The food is unbelievable, and a huge help to me since I don't eat meat and avoid dairy. Na'an... is the best thing ever to be invented. The spiritual/religious aspect of India is extremely intriguing and beautiful. I know many people who have traveled to India for a spiritual pilgrimage of sorts.

Many wonderful philosophers, novelists, and poets have come from India. Rabindranath Tagore is my all time FAVORITE poet. His poetry has brought me to tears on multiple occasions with its beauty.

Arundhati Roy, the writer of The God of Small Things, is another amazing writer. Her novel was difficult to read because of its reality about the caste system and inter-caste love. It also exposes the poverty. It was one of the books that left the biggest impression on me.

India, overall, is a wonderful country in my view. It has given the world so much. I would love to visit someday and hope that I do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need an opinion [ 5 Answers ]

Right, I've known this girl for as long as I remember. We go waaaaay back. Both our families go to church and a church camp for the weekend was organized. Me, her and all the other people of our age group went off elsewhere and did dares, goof off etc. On the day everyone was going to go home,...

What's your opinion! [ 4 Answers ]

PSU contacts Shipley concerning the purchase of fuel oil heat the school building during winter months. In the phone conversation, Shipley agrees to make 8 shipments of oil to the school over a 6-month period from Oct 15, 1984 to April 15, 1985, totalling 750 gallons/month at $1.25/gallon. ...

I need your opinion [ 8 Answers ]

I am doing my ninth grade debate and I need your feedback on this How is god alive in society if there is evil world hunger and parentless children in the world

Opinion [ 10 Answers ]

OK so I give a lot of advise on these forums but that doesn't mean that I don't have problems too... how else can you give advise unless you have been through some things in your life. I have been with a guy for 4 years. We got married last year valentines day and we have a new baby together as...

View more questions Search