Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4answers Posts: 200, Reputation: 35

Apr 22, 2011, 01:23 AM
    Is this the same for Women (Women only answers please) !
    IF HE FINDS HER VERY ATTRACTIVE HE WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH HER.
    (Because he finds her attractive he has both an emotional interest in connecting with her and to be open to her connection interest in him)

IF HE FINDS HER ATTRACTIVE AND IS ATTRACTED TO HER PERSONALITY THEN HE WANTS TO DATE (RELATIONSHIP) HER.
    (Because he finds both her looks and personality attractive he has both an emotional interest in connecting with her and to be open to her connection interest in him)

IF HE DOES NOT FIND HER ATTRACTIVE BUT LIKES HER PERSONALITY THEN HE SEES HER AS A FRIEND
    (He is therefore not open to an emotional connection but a friendship - if she pushes for an emotional connection he will close off from her and reject her)

IF HE DOES NOT FIND HER ATTRACTIVE IN BOTH LOOKS AND PERSONALITY HE IS CLOSED OFF TO HER.
    (He has no interest in her and is not responsive to her interest in him)

In Summery:
    Good looks = Sexual interest.
    Good looks & Good personality = Romantic relationship interest.
    Bad Looks & Good personality = Friendship only interest
    Bad looks & Bad Personality = No interest

---------------------------------

Therefore an unattractive girl no matter how nice she is will have less success in the dating (relationship) game as an attractive girl.

(((Money and material goods are of little interest to a man, so not a driving factor)))
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 22, 2011, 01:26 AM
    As Beauty (attractiveness) is in the eyes of the beholder there is hope for us all..

Something this complex can't really be generalised like this.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2011, 01:51 AM

How old are you?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 02:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    As Beauty (attractiveness) is in the eyes of the beholder there is hope for us all..

Something this complex can't really be generalised like this.
    Don't listen to Ben there... he's a guy and you wanted answers from only women. :p

I'm a woman and I can tell you that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. What is beautiful to one, is ugly to another and visa versa.

Oh, and when you post a thread on a site like this, you can't dictate who can and cannot answer your questions. Everyone's voice here has a right to be heard.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2011, 07:22 AM
    "Money and material good are of little interest to a man"?? Wrong, I would definitely go for a cougar who is willing to pay for gas, an apartment, and paying bills and every time we go out... ;).

Also, some guys value personality more than looks and viceversa... So therefore all of those statements are wrong since a guy's mind can be subject to change as the relationship between that particular guy and a girl changes.

I can only imagine that in a woman's brain this is even more complicated. Because they seem to fall in love with non attractive guys all the time as it is said that they gain attraction through the ears, not the eyes.

Good luck,
    Javi
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

Apr 22, 2011, 11:12 AM
    @ Javi, Cougar season - let the hunt begin.. :)

I'm a guy, when going out I will focus on appearance at first, but the personality also matter.(very little with a one night stand/ but it's there)

Going steady with a girl: I would never date a girl with a personality I didn't enjoy! But I would however date someone less attractive since, every time I meet someone doesent have to be someone I date. I always find them more and more attractive over time(depending on their personality).. I don't think everyone is like me, but there's a good chance the majority is!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 11:31 AM

Okay, woman here, and I guess that my age would make me a cougar, even though I'm married. ;)

OP, you're way off base. Looks aren't everything. Beauty fades, dumb and boring is forever.

When women are younger they may go for the hot guy with the fancy car and the smooth moves, but when we get older, we look for someone that we can talk to, laugh with, plan a life with.

Men aren't as shallow as you've painted them to be.

Everyone has different tastes. What may be ugly to you, is gorgeous to someone else. What you like in someone, someone else will find appalling. The traits you look for are completely different then the traits others are looking for.

So there's no answer to your question. To each their own.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2011, 01:15 PM

Why would you ask women for opinions of how the male brain works?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 01:55 PM
    IF HE FINDS HER VERY ATTRACTIVE HE WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH HER.
    (Because he finds her attractive he has both an emotional interest in connecting with her and to be open to her connection interest in him)
    Way off base! You are presuming with your second second premise. having sex with an attractive female may be the first thought, BUT NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!

IF HE FINDS HER ATTRACTIVE AND IS ATTRACTED TO HER PERSONALITY THEN HE WANTS TO DATE (RELATIONSHIP) HER.
    (Because he finds both her looks and personality attractive he has both an emotional interest in connecting with her and to be open to her connection interest in him)
    Again, a faulty premise!!! Just because the initial attraction has a lot to do with lust, more physical than emotional, Most guys just want to sample the goods to see whats up! That personality thing takes longer, and is harder to know in an initial meeting. Guys are ready to check it out, just in case.

IF HE DOES NOT FIND HER ATTRACTIVE BUT LIKES HER PERSONALITY THEN HE SEES HER AS A FRIEND
    (He is therefore not open to an emotional connection but a friendship - if she pushes for an emotional connection he will close off from her and reject her)
    Wrong again, guys always want to be friends and if it gets better, YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

IF HE DOES NOT FIND HER ATTRACTIVE IN BOTH LOOKS AND PERSONALITY HE IS CLOSED OFF TO HER.
    (He has no interest in her and is not responsive to her interest in him)
    Wrong again, things can change and a beer or two can make the whole world different!

In Summery:
    Good looks = Sexual interest.
    Correction-Any looks can spark sexual interest, depends on the guy.

Good looks & Good personality = Romantic relationship interest.
    Correction-Its a start but we have to see after the lust is gone whether we go down this relationship road.

Bad Looks & Good personality = Friendship only interest
    God didn't make no ugly women to me so don't assume all guys even like the same thing

Bad looks & Bad Personality = No interest
    Bad personality ends it for me, doesn't matter about the looks. Or the beers, whiskey, well that may be a different story. ---------------------------------

Therefore an unattractive girl no matter how nice she is will have less success in the dating (relationship) game as an attractive girl.
    Whattt!!, say that to the poor shy nerd guy that can't get a date!!

(((Money and material goods are of little interest to a man, so not a driving factor)))
    A snazzy car can make a guy much more attractive, same thing for a female. Don't believe me??? Buy one and see.

Conclusion, The guy you crushed on has no interest in you. :eek:

You should have made this GUYS ONLY!!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 03:48 PM

I have a headache.
    Such generalizations are too shallow to be taken seriously.
    One persons idea of beauty may not be someone else's.

Your idea of what constitutes the formula for a relationship is yours only.
    And why are you asking women about what goes on in one man's brain?
    What are you really trying to say and who exactly are you speaking to?
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2011, 04:05 PM
    Comment on ken007nielsen's post
    Cougar season it is... hunting already :) Joking of course...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

It had a women in the movie getting rubbed down with oil by 2 native women. [ 4 Answers ]

I think it was action/adventure movie from the 80s with a tribe of head hunters

What personality traits do Black Women have vs. Asian, Iranian or White Women? [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to think of myself as a strong willed and independent African American woman, and have been recently dating a person who is from Iran. Now for the most part things are great but I have a feeling that he doesn't understand the personality traits of Black Women vs.the women he has dated...

View more questions Search