Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fibble9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Average Hot tub electrical install cost
    Hi All!

How much did you pay your electrician to install you hot tub service??

Just like a ton of people out there I got a great free hot tub and I'm trying to get a good idea of what the electrical cost would be.

I got a quote that I would consider to be quite high.

Here is what needs to be installed:
    Inside 220 service into existing panel
    Run cable outside
    Wire up 50 AMP GFCI/Disconnect
    Run cable over to deck

Thanks,
    Mike
    delamo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Mike...

I bought a new spa required 220v 60amp service. I did the work myself, installing 250ft+ of #6, 1 inch flex, 4 ft of liquid tight, put a 60amp breaker at the main, installed a disconnect box at near the spa +5 ft and spent over $500 in materials alone.

Hope you got a good price.
    robc68fb Posts: 41, Reputation: 5

Apr 9, 2007, 09:27 AM
    I Paid about $800 for the electrical hook up on mine.
    skytone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 11:30 PM
    Just finished the electrical today. We had it professionally done by a licensed electrician. We paid 750.00 for a 60 amp GFCI and an extra outdoor outlet to go along with it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 29, 2009, 07:24 PM

Skytone, betcha they no longer care since this post is nearly 3 years old, thinking they are done by now.
    hgggg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2011, 03:29 PM
    That did not help me in any way whatsoever nor does it correspond with the question stated above. I know you were trying to help but in my opinion, you are such a simpleton.. and I say this with as much respect as possible. No offence intended
    marc electric Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2013, 06:51 PM
    It all depends on far away the hot tub is. It depends is the wiring going in a slab, under a porch? Goes through the basement then changes over. 50 amp gfi breaker out dour enclosure and other parts are standard. However the cost of #6/3 wire romex is a dollar a foot or more. If you got to go 100' that's $100 alone. After the cost of the wire you are looking at parts about $300. $400 in parts a day labor 1 guy $50 an hour @ 8 hours. That's another $400 PLUS A PERMIT $60. $860 total. Remember, the electrician has to get to the job with his company truck, then run around get parts, then come and make the instalation and last pull permit and have inspection. ANY ELECTRICIAN WHO DOES NOT PULL A PERMIT IS CRAZY ESPECIALLY ON A HOT TUBE. GOD FORBID Something GOES WRONG AND SOMEONE GETS HURT OR KILLED. YOU WANT TO BE COVERED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot tub electrical nightmare---help [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find the code for wiring a hot tub in Reno, Nevada? I have an electrician taking advantage of the fact I know nothing about this topic & I could really use some help.

Electrical hot tub problem---help! [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can find out what the code is for wiring a hot tub in Reno, Nevada? I have an electrician taking advantage of the fact I don't know this stuff & I really need help.

Hot Tub Electrical Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting ready to install a Dimension One spa that the manufacture calls for using #6-3 awg wire and 240 Volt - 50 Amp with a GFCI breaker and disconnect. I had the house pre wired for a hot tub and 240 Volt service. They installed a 50 Amp breaker in the main box and ran about 40...

Hot Tub Electrical Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Our problem is with it going on standby after the tub gets up to temperature. The breaker never kicks off. The red light just starts flashing. Anyone have any ideas?! Thanks so much for your help!

Weighted average cost of capital [ 1 Answers ]

Johnson Inc is an all-equity firm that pays no taxes. The market value of the firm's equity is $2 Million. The cost of this unlevered equity is 18% per annum. Johnson plans to issue $400,000 in debt and use the proceeds to repurchase stock. The cost of debt is 10% per annum. a. After Johnson...

View more questions Search