Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayla96 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2011, 07:09 AM
    Pregnancy Test?
    I did a pregnancy test at home and it was posative.Can it be wrong?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 07:10 AM

Rarely do we get a false positive. Chances are pretty good that you are, indeed, pregnant.

Apr 21, 2011, 07:16 AM
    OK thank you.

Apr 21, 2011, 07:28 AM
    But is a chance then it's not right
    Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jayla96 View Post
    But is a chance then it's not right
    Slim to none. To ease your mind, take another one using first morning urine. If it is positive, you are positively pregnant.

Apr 21, 2011, 05:09 PM
    I took another test and it is positive to.What should I do now should I go to the doctors or do I wait a while then go?
    Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 05:17 PM

You call and make an appointment. Until you get in, get prenatal vitamins from your pharmacist/chemist and take them every day. Make sure you eat healthy, get plenty of rest and avoid alcohol and tobacco.

Apr 21, 2011, 05:22 PM
    Ok thanks.What are prenatal vitamins?I smoke cigaretts should I quit?
    Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 05:25 PM

Yes, you should absolutely quit smoking.

Prenatal vitamins are a special vitamin made for pregnant women that contain folic acid. Folic acid is necessary for the developing fetus. It prevents something called neural tube defects. These are defects of the brain and spinal cord.

If you can't find prenatal vitamins in your area, you can look for a multivitamin that contains folic acid.

As this is posted in the Child and Teen Health section, would you mind telling me your age please?

Apr 21, 2011, 05:32 PM
    OK thanks just wasn't sure what they were.I'm 14 but I turn 15 in 3 weeks
    Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 05:38 PM

Have you talked to your parents yet? They will need to know.

Apr 21, 2011, 05:43 PM
    No I don't live with my parents my mum passed away and I don't know my dad.I live with my nanna do you think I should tell her?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2011, 05:50 PM

Yes, you need to tell her. Whether you decide to keep the child or not you'll need her support.

Apr 21, 2011, 05:58 PM
    Nannas pretty old it might be a bit too much for her to handle maybe I should just tell the guy about it.
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2011, 06:01 PM

What is your plan right now? Have you decided if you want to keep the baby and raise it? Give it up for adoption? Abortion? I know you're young, but whatever you decide, it's a pretty huge decision. You can talk about any of them here, but we can't tell you what to do. It's ultimately going to be up to you, but it's good to have the support of the people closest to you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2011, 06:26 PM

So does your "nanna" have legal custody over you ?

At 14 who ever is your legal guardian has to know and be told. And this is not like the flu that will just go away, and the longer you wait, the harder it is. And young teens getting pregnant is nothing new to any age group.

Apr 22, 2011, 12:22 AM
    I don't know what I'm going to do.Yes nanna is my legal guardian,I know it's not like the flu I'm not that stupid.Well I suppose I am pretty stupid to end up pregnant.I will tell my nanna but mot just yet.I don't know if I could be a mum I need to really have a think
    Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 12:53 AM

You need to tell your nanna now as you need to see a doctor about this pregnancy and she is most likely going to be the one that has to make the doctor's appointment.

Apr 22, 2011, 01:32 AM
    I can make a doctors appointment myself I don't need my nanna to.I don't want to tell her yet she will freak out.If I decide to have an abortion then it's better she doesn't know anyway.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2011, 09:00 AM

If you do decide to have an abortion, is it even legal in your area to have one without your guardian's consent? And who will help you get through it?

And I still think it's better if you make the decision with her. You're far too young to make this huge of a decision all alone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

Positive pregnancy test, now nothing, is it a miscarriage? Or a chemical pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

I took 5 pregnancy tests and they came out positive. A few days later, my period started for two days, then it stopped for two, then it came back for four days. I went to Planned Parenthood but they told me if I got my period then there was no need for a pregnancy test. That was a few weeks ago,...

No period, negative pregnancy test, no signs of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

While I know that the month is not quite finished yet, I believe that my period is about two weeks late. I am not experiencing any symptoms of pregnancy (I know because I have a son) however earlier in the month I experienced breast tenderness for about a week and had a slightly brown discharge...

View more questions Search