Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayla96 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2011, 05:06 PM
    I don't know but he can just pretend to be my guardian.I don't even know what I'm going to do.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2011, 06:08 PM

No, he probably can't pretend to be your guardian. Unless he is significantly older than you they'll know right away he is not your guardian. And if he's that much older he needs to be prosecuted because that would make him a pedophile. How old is this guy anyway?

You should talk with your nana. And if not her, do you have any aunts or even older cousins or a teacher you can talk to? Maybe your school counselor? You should not be making this decision alone. Have you made a doctor's appointment yet?

Apr 22, 2011, 06:29 PM
    No haven't made a doctors appointment yet its long weekend easter.He's 24 I haven't told him yet so maybe he can help me decide what to do
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 06:58 PM

Where do you live? In most places a 14 year old isn't considered legal to consent to sex, especially not with a 24 year old.

You really do need to tell your nana.

Apr 22, 2011, 07:03 PM
    I live in australia.Legal to consent?
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 07:15 PM

Bad news. Depending on where you are in Australia, the youngest age of consent is 16, and in some parts it's 17.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...H3iTEQ&cad=rja

Not only are you not old enough to consent, but because of the difference in age between you and the father of your child, he is a sex offender.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 07:36 PM

Would this older man happen to be your best friend's father?

Apr 22, 2011, 07:38 PM
    Sex offender. I don't really understand but OK.I don't think it really matters anymore
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jayla96 View Post
    sex offender. I don't really understand but ok.I dont think it really matters anymore
    Actually, yes it does.

He could be charged with having sex with a minor. You're pregnant with his child. You're 14, he's 24.

He's an adult, you're a child.

He's in big trouble.

Apr 22, 2011, 09:46 PM
    No I'm at the library in the city what does that matter though I don't understand.I just come here to use the free wifi I seen notice for this site and had a look wish I never asked now
    Pets Expert

Apr 22, 2011, 09:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jayla96 View Post
    No im at the libary in the city what does that matter though i dont understand.i just come here to use the free wifi i seen notice for this site and had a look wish i never asked now
    The thing is, there are a few other posters using that same computer, and they all seem to be teen girls with similar issues. It looks suspicious.

Like I said, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and hope that you're not playing games with us.

The bottom line, you're 14, you're pregnant with a 24 year olds child. In the eyes of the law you are a child, and you are not legally allowed to consent to sex. He's an adult, and having sex with a minor is a crime.

You need to tell your nana that you're pregnant. There's really no way for you to hide it for long, and if you're looking to get an abortion you only have a small window of opportunity. No doctor will do an abortion past the first trimester (12 weeks).

The babies father can't take you for an abortion. He's not your legal guardian. In fact, in the eyes of the law, he's a pedophile, a sex offender, a rapist.

You need to stop seeing him. This man is only after one thing from you. You're not old enough to see that, that's why there are laws to protect children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

Positive pregnancy test, now nothing, is it a miscarriage? Or a chemical pregnancy? [ 2 Answers ]

I took 5 pregnancy tests and they came out positive. A few days later, my period started for two days, then it stopped for two, then it came back for four days. I went to Planned Parenthood but they told me if I got my period then there was no need for a pregnancy test. That was a few weeks ago,...

No period, negative pregnancy test, no signs of pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

While I know that the month is not quite finished yet, I believe that my period is about two weeks late. I am not experiencing any symptoms of pregnancy (I know because I have a son) however earlier in the month I experienced breast tenderness for about a week and had a slightly brown discharge...

View more questions Search