Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CMcPhaul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Extracting retirement monies
    How does one go about extracting monies from an IRA account without being penalized?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 26, 2007, 10:24 AM
    If you are over 59.5 years of age, you can take out as much as you want with no early withdrawal penalties.

Further, if you are UNDER 59.5, there are a number of exceptions that allow you to access your IRA with no penalties.

Finally, all the above advice applies to a traditional IRA.

A Roth IRA has different withdrawal rules. Basically, about five years after you have funded the Roth IRA, you can withdraw the money virtually tax free with no penalties.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes on lawsuit monies [ 7 Answers ]

Could anyone please tell me if judgements in wrongful death lawsuits are taxable? Thank you for your help..

Extracting Evidence [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- I have an essay to complete regarding extracting evidence from a crime scene. I need to make up a case and process the information available to me in such a situation. I have to explain how I would extract the evidence from a person who has been subject to a vicious attack prior to their death...

How Much Savings for Retirement [ 4 Answers ]

A friend is planning on retiring by 50. She asked me how much money she should have in her retirement account in order to retirement. I gave her two scenarios: (1) with a retirement pension and (2) with no pension. So, if she has a pension, I told her she needed enough in her retirement...

Retirement because of Disability [ 5 Answers ]

I have worked for this company for 30yrs & have been on permanent disability for the last 2 yrs. I called today to respectfully tell them I will not be returning due to permanent disability. I have spoken with our long term disability provider & they said I must contact the company. I have told...

Extracting a picture [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, this is what I need, I found a picture in the internet that I like, but instead of saving it, I just right clicked in it and saved it as a desktop background. Now I would like to save it in my pictures folders. But where in my PC the picture is? I almost forgot, the site from where I took...

View more questions Search