Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MiloTheMonkey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2011, 01:12 PM
    LED Lights delay and transformer blows
    I have a light circuit with 6 x 3W LED lights (all the same) on it and 1 transformer per pair of lights. When I switch them on there is a slight delay of about 1/10th of a second before the last 2 lights come on. Not a problem in itself, however, the transformer on these last 2 lights has blown twice now for no apparent reason. Transformers are 230Vac to 12Vdc 12W. Any suggestions?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2011, 01:23 PM
    Assuming you installed a new transformer after one "blew" because it failed, there could be a short circuit in one of the lights, the wiring from the transformer to the lights, or perhaps the LED board itself.
    MiloTheMonkey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2011, 05:35 PM
    Comment on tkrussell's post
    That was my first thought, however, the lights have been changed and although the wiring is awful it all checks out. What I don't understand is that time delay and why it works for 2-3 months and then blows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier 58DLA LED rapid flashing, air blows no heat [ 6 Answers ]

My issue is with a Carrier Weathermaster 8000 furnace, 58DLA. When I turn on the heat, the air blows but no heat, and after a couple of minutes it shuts off. A couple of weeks ago the gas line was shut off for a couple of days, and I never tested the heat after that, but the boiler is on the same...

Turning on AC blows control board fuse and 24v transformer [ 15 Answers ]

I read https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heating-air-conditioning/c-keeps-blowing-fuse-95884.html which was very informative. My issue is with a Carrier Weathermaster 8000 furnace and York AC. The heat works fine, the fan only works fine, I turn on the AC and the LED blinks code 34. I replace the...

Fan turns on w/o any delay, and blows air w/o the burners coming on [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1991 Goodman furnace. I used to have a problem where if I set my fan to come on automatically, the furnace will light for one minute, and then go out, without the blower coming on. If I turn the furnace on, and set the fan to always run, then it will work fine. I thought the problem may be...

Led lights [ 1 Answers ]

Can an already in use dimmer switch be used on the new led lights?

LED lights [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a few LED screw-in light bulbs. Now when ever I turn off the wall switch, the LED light is dimmed but not off. In these same fixtures with an incandescent bulb, the light goes completely off. How do I solve this problem? The house was built in 1979 with 3-wire 12 gage.

View more questions Search