Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheftonyganza Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2011, 11:40 AM
    ABIT AW8D motherboard and ram compatibility
    I have an Intel Pentium CPU, and I want to build a system. I found this ABIT AW8D motherboard which I think I can get really cheep:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

The same guy has some DDR2 memory:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170629398808&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESELX:IT

Is this memory good for this motherboard?

Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 20, 2011, 06:51 PM

The manual for the board indicates it is compatible with 667 MHz (PC2-5300) DDR2 memory (page 2-12), however what processor model do you intend to use?

Also, a search for the memory part number of 73042 at Crucial.com did not yield any results. It might be prudent to first confirm with Crucial that the memory is legit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement motherboard compatibility question [ 4 Answers ]

The guys at the computer shop tell me that my motherboard is about to fail. There are some capacitors that are bulging and one is leaking. My system is using a MSI K8N Neo4 motherboard with a AMD Athlon G4 Processor 3500+ and Nvidia GeForce 8400 video card. I have a 640GB WD hard drive and 3...

Abit av8 3rd eye motherboard [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a abit av8 3rd eye motherboard that I've had for awhile now. I love this thing. Recently has been acting up and now does not work at all. Here are the symptoms... The first week when I would turn the power botton on it would hesitate for about 30 seconds before coming on, afew days later...

1 Ram slot on motherboard and it is empty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there and thanks in advance for any help you can give. I have a generic built computer. Recently in trying to upgrade it I discovered some things, this mother board has on board everything! Sound, enet, video, usb, and apparently RAM. I want to upgrade my RAM. In the system properties it...

View more questions Search