Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vinnybr Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Jan 24, 2007, 02:53 PM
    I need to recofigure a D-Link router.
    I'm about to buy a used D-Link DI-524 Wireless Router, but since it's used it already has WEP enabled on it, and the tech that configured it is not working here anymore, I don't know the WEP code, it says it's connected. I tried typing 192.168.0.1, but it gives me a "Page can't be displayed". Plus I get a "Limited or no Connectivity" and I get and APIPA. I was thinking about resetting the router to factory defaults, but I don't know if it's possible neither how to do it...
    I would appreciate any help of any kind...

Thanks...

Vinny...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 24, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Certainl sounds like you need to reset it.
    On the back of most d-links is a small hole. You'll need a paper clip to press the button in that hole.
    This will reset the router to factory defaults.

Cruzio Support: D-Link DI-524 Router Setup Instructions will help you.
    vinnybr Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Jan 24, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Thanks, I also had to reset it (holding it down) for approximately 20 sec. while unplugging the power cord; then I plugged back in and it didn't show on my wireless connections, after I restarted the Wireless Router twice, it picked up and I was right in!!
    Thanks for taking the time to read and answer this one!
    I appreciate it!

Vinny...
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 24, 2007, 03:14 PM
    It's always best to configure the wireless side when you are connected via cable.
    Least this way if you make a mistake it's easy to fix.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Router [ 3 Answers ]

How to setup a wireless router? Say I have about 10 pcs.

D-Link Wireless Router - how do I set up to require password to access? [ 2 Answers ]

I have DI-524 Wireless Router. How do I set up to require users to require password to connect (go from unsecured to secured)? I suspect my neighbors using my router and it is impacting performance of my connections. And for the life of me, I can't figure out the manuals which came with the...

Link dumps [ 5 Answers ]

Are there any sites similar or better than www.dumpalink.com?

Choosing a router. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody recommend a good wired router for my home network? I have 3 PCs, 2 WIN XP SP2, 1 WIN 98SE. I also have a Speedstream 5100 DSL modem. I'm thinking maybe firewalled for extra security. So far I've put my eye on the Linksys BEFSX41. ANY suggestions are apreciated. Thank you!! :)

2 router lan [ 2 Answers ]

I'm at a complete loss here... Net goes into a 4 port Netgear router. 3 ports are directly connected to computers, one runs down to another room. In that room is a lynksys router, that used to be a 3Com hub. The line from the netgear goes into the router, then 2 computers are attached...

View more questions Search