Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    le_powell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 02:43 PM
    '81 accord Ignition lock cylinder
    I bought a replacement ignition lock cylinder for my '81 accord and was reading the instructions on how to change it out with the old one. Anyway, it said to insert the key and turn to the 'ON' position in order to line up the roll pin to disengage the old lock. If I had the key to turn the lock, I wouldn' t have bought a new one.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE OLD CYLINDER WITHOUT THE KEY??
    terribof3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 07:56 PM

I don't know but I have the same problem and no one seems to be able to answer the question... you have to turn the key to the #1 position to be able to push the pin down to get the lock out, but if you Don't HAVE THE KEY OR THE KEY Won't TURN... then how do you get it out??
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2009, 09:17 AM

This should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post224842

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where Is Ignition Module 1992 Honda Accord Ex [ 12 Answers ]

My Car Won't Start And I'm Not Getting Any Spark From The Coil, So I Replaced The Coil To No Avail. I Guess The Next Thing Is The Ignition Module.. can Anyone Please Tell Me Where It Is Located... thanks

1983 Jeep Wagoneer ignition lock [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if the ignition lock can be removed without the key

Key won't turn after installing new ignition lock cylinder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I own a 1996 honda hatchback. My car required a new ignition lock cylinder. I ordered one off line and went about replacing it. I managed to get it installed. But my problem is after I connect the ignition switch to my new ignition lock cylinder my car won't allow me to turn my key all...

1993 accord cluch master cylinder [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change a culch master cylinder on a 93 accord

Replacing Ignition in 1992 Honda Accord LX [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the ignition cylinder assembly in my 1992 Honda Accord LX, automatic. What is the trick to getting the old one out. I have the steering column disaasembled but I can't figure out how to actually remove the old cylinder. Any suggestios?

View more questions Search